1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Royal Purple 5w30 5 gal 134.00 on Amazon.com today only

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by tinker2, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Apr 29, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    tinker2

tinker2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Of The Big River
    Hi everybody, I just want to pass something on I just found at Amazon.com. They have Royal Purple 5w30 oil for 134.00 with free super saver shipping today only, wish I would have found this sooner!! :cool:

2. Apr 30, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Royal Purple blows.

3. Apr 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    tinker2

tinker2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Of The Big River
    I know there is alot of people on TW that run it, looks like a good deal to me. Was just trying to help those that run it, got one for myself. Somebody else must think it was a good deal, Amazon.com has sold 6 of them since I posted this.

4. Apr 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    thanks for posting man!

5. May 1, 2011 at 11:25 AM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:

That's because they are unsuspecting victims. I grew up around the original plant and about 10-15 years ago they were right on top with some of the best oils until they started to "cheapen" and outsource their formula for a less inferior product. Its actually common knowledge amongst the local motorsport enthusiasts. I didn't want to believe it myself until I tried it first hand, originally have always run Mobil 1 than started running Royal Purple in my 2005 WRX STi (turbocharged) it consumed almost two quarts of the oil I put in on a Royal Purple oil change. I found myself having to add a quart on the 3rd week of use. Then I switched back to Mobile 1, and it had very minimal oil consumption in the same amount of time. I did the same thing on my wifes turbocharged Audi A4, same results. I had to add at least one quart on the A4 after about a month of use in the summer. Both of them were the same viscosity/oil weight and both were full synthetic. Who knows it may be fine for our Tacomas after all they aren't turbocharged and won't nearly get up to the same operating temps as a turbocharged vehicle, but for heavy duty use especially if you're regularly towing I'd suggest something else.

6. May 1, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    But its such preety purple color. :rolleyes:, but to the op thanks for posting. A lot of people like the stuff.

7. May 1, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    toytaco1

toytaco1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jed
    moreno valley
    Vehicle:
    05 supercharged trd off road
    trd supercharger, TRD intake, magna flow exhaust, JBA headers, walker evans front, fox rear, leaf pack, drilled slotted rotors, All Pro Front Bumper, Warn 8000 Winch
    I use royal purple in my SUPERCHARGED tacoma and it doesnt burn oil and I have had no problems at all. I have used it since I bought the truck in 05, OP thanks for the post Im gonna jump on it
    Deuces

8. May 2, 2011 at 9:37 AM
    tim455

tim455 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Sharon,Pa
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5 in Barcellona Red
    Tinted windows/Borla Cat-back/K&N CAI filter/ /all bulbs LED/G-Force chip//TRD skid plate/Daystar 9130 lift kit,Truxedo Lo-Pro cover,Weather Tech Mats and vent visors, N-Fab Step bars,Scan guage.Sony stereo/Redline hood struts/EBC slotted rotors and green stuff pads/Truxedo LoPro Tonno/Rigid light bar behind Grillcraft Grill./Helo wheels with Michlin tires
    Deal still on, just ordered mine, said only 5 left... R.P. ROCKS

9. May 16, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    chautk

chautk Member

Member:
    First Name:
    TK
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06Taco
    when we order this from Amazon do we know how authentic this oil is? I would hate to get some fake oil thats just repackaged cheap stuff...wat do u guys think cause i would like to purchase also....

Products Discussed in

To Top