Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Good deal for a winch?

Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
Question Good deal for a winch?

I found a coupon for a 2000 pound winch in popular mechanics for $50. The brand is Badland winches. I'm a complete noob when it comes to winches, so does anyone know if that's a good brand? Also, I have a 5 lugger, so does anyone know of a good mounting place for them without the plate bumper?
Thanks
Old 08-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Those are Harbor Freight tools winch brand. And 2000lbs is far from what will actually help get your truck unstuck if you do happen to need a winch.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
jacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the roughjacobigindi is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jacob
jacobigindi's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, i see. Thats kinda what i thought, cuz I looked on Amazon and most of the winches were like 9000 pounds. But, about Harbor Freight, do they typically sell good quality stuff? Cuz I'm thinking of getting a drill press with one of the coupons.

Oh, and if i do end up getting a good winch, any 5 lug mounting ideas, if any?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
I can save your life or ruin it
FireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really nice

Firefighter: Sergeant,Paramedic,Mandated Tactical Medic
FireTacMedic's Tacoma Gallery
2000 lbs would be great for a four wheeler!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
I can save your life or ruin it
FireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really niceFireTacMedic is just really nice

Firefighter: Sergeant,Paramedic,Mandated Tactical Medic
FireTacMedic's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor Freight and Northern Tools are both great! Just spent $400 at Northern today.