Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

GoPro Deal

Old 11-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Remember you were saying that the Contour works with any standard camera mount and tripod? Well: http://pointofviewcameras.com/gopro-tripod-adapter.html

Old 11-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #42
Texio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to behold

Texio's Tacoma Gallery
You guys will love this camera! I won one this spring in their "everything we make" giveaway, and it's absolutely great! I have used it kayaking and riding. Great videos, great versatility and endless possibilities to document all the different ways you can make a fool of yourself!...
Old 11-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #43
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Remember you were saying that the Contour works with any standard camera mount and tripod? Well: http://pointofviewcameras.com/gopro-tripod-adapter.html

Yeah, I think I said that in response to someone claiming that Contour didn't have many available mounts. Just like the Contour, though, that adapter is extra. They getcha however they can.

Did it come with your purchase?
Old 11-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #45
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Yeah, I think I said that in response to someone claiming that Contour didn't have many available mounts. Just like the Contour, though, that adapter is extra. They getcha however they can.

Did it come with your purchase?
Nah it didn't come with it. They do stick it to you though. That vibration issue of the quick release mount wasn't something I was expecting. I would rather spend a few more seconds removing a mount than having something that vibrates but releases quickly.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #47
Banned
What's funny is that they include a rubber thingy that keeps the mount from moving around but only when you buy the Surf edition. WTF?

For now I will use the included suction cup for use in and out my truck and a sticky mount for my helmet and quad. I haven't decided where I'm going to mount it on either though. Most mount it on the side of the helmet or on top. I think videos of that might get a little boring after that. Maybe I'll get a chest mount.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #48
Banned
Just a test. I'm guessing the camera didn't like being mounted to the driver's window. I'm still going ho have to play with the settings until I find where the camera is happy. This video was recorded in default mode with the suction cup mount and open rear cover.

This is me driving like an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTvjPS9vsJQ
Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 AM   #49
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Like the test video merging & the sound of your truck ^^

The tripod mount gives lots of versatility & endless mounting ideas.
You can attach a standard 1/4" x 20 bolt bolt anywhere.
We did the kitchen timer on a sled snapping pics & recording video off trail. It gave an interesting time lapsed 360 degree pov.
Also Russell of Eye of Mine who is out in Cali has great info, custom mounts, and tutorials off his website. He's pretty cool & learned a lot from him.

www.eyeofmine.com
Old 11-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #50
Banned
Thanks for the link Judy. I may pick up a case for now so I can store my camera since it is just sitting on my computer desk for now.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #51
Banned
I hope everyone is satisfied with the deal I offered. For those that missed out I will offer the deal next year if I go to Sema. The deal will work the same way.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:36 PM   #52
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
The camera is freakin awesome!!
It was a great deal and thank you very much for shipping cross country for me.
Simon is going to wear it first lol
Old 11-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #53
Banned
Anytime Judy. I just wish they discounted the accessories as well but all well. I can't wait for Simon cam.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #55
Banned
Hahahahahaha. You guys are too funny.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #56
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Just a test. I'm guessing the camera didn't like being mounted to the driver's window. I'm still going ho have to play with the settings until I find where the camera is happy. This video was recorded in default mode with the suction cup mount and open rear cover.

This is me driving like an asshole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTvjPS9vsJQ
ic christian fat hands
Old 08-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #57
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
ic christian fat hands
Are you typing with your little girl hands?