Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Original ipod Nano recalled in US

Old 11-14-2011, 06:29 PM   #21
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
With depreciation, you're still coming out on top.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #22
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
With depreciation, you're still coming out on top.
Absolutely not, I paid 199 for it new,i expect to get something of equal value new, not 70$ cheaper and a third the size of what I bought, fuck that, that isn't right. Its not my fault theres a manufactures defect.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #23
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
Absolutely not, I paid 199 for it new,i expect to get something of equal value new, not 70$ cheaper and a third the size of what I bought, fuck that, that isn't right. Its not my fault theres a manufactures defect.
That's just what happens...for example I had my laptop replaced under best buy's extended warranty. My original laptop was $1500, the one I got in exchange? Only $800. It's because technology advances and prices drop. If you don't want to take a loss, keep it. I highly doubt anything will happen if you've had no issues this far.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #24
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Can't believe you let them rip you off like that, these corporations do it because they know the people won't say anything, were taught to do as were told and to not voice our opinion...f that I'm the 1% that does. I don't consider the new nano to be comparable to mine.

I had to do it with my blackberry and I'll do it with my nano.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #25
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
The 6th gen nano has a touchscreen... more storage space... unibody construction... and is actually capable of operating some decent applications...

I'm not seeing the rip-off
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 PM   #26
Banned
socal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: frank
socal trd's Tacoma Gallery
dam i found my old one put in the info and looks like ill be getting a new one. sweet...
Old 11-14-2011, 10:05 PM   #27
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

It's To damn small.i have a phone to run apps. I'm not real big on touch screens.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:50 AM   #28
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
I would imagine we will be getting the same style refurbished nano returned with a upgraded battery and cleaned up cosmetically.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #29
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you.
Your request has been submitted.

Apple will send you a box with shipping instructions to mail your iPod nano to us. Apple will then send you a replacement iPod.

Please save a PDF of this page for your records. You can check the status of your request via Check My Repair Status using your Repair ID, shown on the left of this page.

Shipping address:
Max

SWEET, Thanks OP
Old 11-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #30
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Ill check mine when I get home. I'm surprised that they don't tell you what they will send as a replacement
Old 11-15-2011, 04:09 AM   #31

Yea they really should. If anyone finds out let us know!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #32
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Im going to call an apple store later today since calling tech support didnt work, if i dont get anywhere on the phone looks like im making a 2 hr drive to the closest store...so far imo their customer service is pretty poor.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #33

I've always had good experiences in the store, but like you said, over the phone or through their website is a whole different story. They're just being so vague on the terms of the recall...I read in the email they sent that basically they'll determine if it's eligible once they receive it. It better freakin be eligible if I'm sending it back!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #34
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
I've always had good experiences in the store, but like you said, over the phone or through their website is a whole different story. They're just being so vague on the terms of the recall...I read in the email they sent that basically they'll determine if it's eligible once they receive it. It better freakin be eligible if I'm sending it back!
yeah, i thought they were going to run the serial see if it was then you get to descide if you want to send it back, not verify your info then bam were sending you a box. if im not happy with the terms im not sending it back, i like my nano, i dont want one the size of the screen, i dont need it to do apps, and ive barely put a dent in storage space. and it really upsets me they dont specify what they are sending you in returns. i am completley against refurbs, they always goof up a few months later, ide rather have mine fixed and returned, ive had protective covers on it since the day i got it, the front doesnt have a scratch at all. the back cover came off a couple months ago.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 AM   #35

Well let me know what you find out, I'm curious whether it's worth it or not as well.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 AM   #36
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

oh i will definitly post up what happens. unless someone beats me to it, since im at work right now i cant call.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 AM   #37

Yea same...we have a store pretty close by as well, but the traffic makes it impossible to reach during my lunch break.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #38
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

my closest is in reston va, im in wardensville wv its atleast 2hrs cuz its a little past the airport so its prob 2.5 atleast i wont be a happy camper if i have to drive out there.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #39
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
On the news late last night they were saying that if people think they are getting a new version, they won't be. Apple will be sending the same version as what is returned, just safer.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:56 AM   #40
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
On the news late last night they were saying that if people think they are getting a new version, they won't be. Apple will be sending the same version as what is returned, just safer.
so your getting another 1st gen back?

they still make them?