Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Original ipod Nano recalled in US

Old 11-15-2011, 05:56 AM   #41
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
so your getting another 1st gen back?

they still make them?
for the nigerian market

they need music too
Old 11-15-2011, 05:57 AM   #42
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by REX_111_MDG_BMET View Post
for the nigerian market

they need music too
lol
Old 11-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #43
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so your getting another 1st gen back?

they still make them?
I don't have one of those. I don't know if they still make them, that's just what the news said.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:04 AM   #44
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Apple told Mashable it will be replacing recalled first-generation iPod Nanos with first-generation Nanos, not the new ones many had hoped would be sent.
Mashable talked with an Apple spokesperson on the phone, who confirmed the company will be sending first-generation iPod Nanos to those whose serial numbers match the units with defective batteries.

SEE MORE: Apple Recalls First-Generation iPod Nanos

When we asked Apple how many of those first-generation iPod Nanos were available for the recall, the company was not willing to reveal that information.
We wanted to know why Apple wasn’t more specific about which iPod Nanos would be used as replacements in its original announcement, but the company wouldn’t answer that question, either.
Do you think Apple was deliberately being vague about which Nanos would be sent as replacements?

UPDATE: We’ve made three attempts to contact Apple officials, trying to find out what this “replacement unit” will be if you send in a first-generation iPod Nano. There has been no response. We called Apple support, asking if a new iPod Nano would be sent to replace the 5-year-old Nanos. Here’s the response the company is giving to its customers: “Your guess is as good as mine.” Stay tuned for a full story, whether Apple officials respond or not.
UPDATE 2: Confirmed (finally): First-generation iPod Nanos will be sent as replacements. Read the story here.
Do you have an old first-generation iPod Nano lying around? If so, Apple wants to replace it for you, 5 years after you bought it. Such a deal.

Finally found some info
Old 11-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #45
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just curious as to where they're getting all these brand new 1st gen nanos. It's been a good few years since they were produced.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:12 AM   #46
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
You know what I think I have one of these. I have an ipod nano that does not have the camera or anything but how do I know if its first gen? Its about 5 years old and the battery died on me about 2 years ago. I have had it in a drawer and never did anything with it after it died
Old 11-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #47
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin904 View Post
I'm just curious as to where they're getting all these brand new 1st gen nanos. It's been a good few years since they were produced.
yeah considering theyre on gen 6...unless they are refurb ones, in that case hell no! unless they are repairing mine and sending it back which i doubt.

i seriously doubt they have that many left over, and those would be bad too...
Old 11-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #48
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't hurt to punch in the serial number and try!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #49
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
You know what I think I have one of these. I have an ipod nano that does not have the camera or anything but how do I know if its first gen? Its about 5 years old and the battery died on me about 2 years ago. I have had it in a drawer and never did anything with it after it died
its black or white with the shiny metal back, i think theres a pic on the first page
Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #50
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn I just looked mine up and its 4th gen. Didnt think it was that new. The battery still sucks though lol. It literally doesnt work at all as soon as you unplug it
Old 11-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #51
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

wow that sucks, i got mine in 06, still works...i cant remember if the battery dies a little fast, i never let it fully charge, cuz i always remeber last minute, but it still works
Old 11-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #52
Señor member

When I got rid of my exploder I left it in a bag in my garage on the concrete. Im sure that has a lot to do with it
Old 11-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #53
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah considering theyre on gen 6...unless they are refurb ones, in that case hell no! unless they are repairing mine and sending it back which i doubt.

i seriously doubt they have that many left over, and those would be bad too...
Why are you so wound up, you said yours works fine, why even send it in?

If they say they are replacing them with first gens, I guarantee you they have them, whether they are refurbished or new, I bet they got them lying around in a warehouse somewhere. I have bought a couple refurb apple items as well, never had an issue. Take what they give you or don't do the exchange it is really that simple.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:42 AM   #54
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Why are you so wound up, you said yours works fine, why even send it in?

If they say they are replacing them with first gens, I guarantee you they have them, whether they are refurbished or new, I bet they got them lying around in a warehouse somewhere. I have bought a couple refurb apple items as well, never had an issue. Take what they give you or don't do the exchange it is really that simple.
the site said to enter the serial number to see if it ws eligible and asked to confirm my info then said they were mailing me a box to send it back, but they never stated what they were replacing it with until a little while ago when i discovered it was another first gen, if its brand new no problem, if its refurb i dont want it, ive a lot of refurbs, none have been apple since this is the only apple product i have, i dont know about their refurbs, but like all others its probably going to goof up in a few months. i want to know exactly what im getting if im going to do the exchange.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #55
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the site said to enter the serial number to see if it ws eligible and asked to confirm my info then said they were mailing me a box to send it back, but they never stated what they were replacing it with until a little while ago when i discovered it was another first gen, if its brand new no problem, if its refurb i dont want it, ive a lot of refurbs, none have been apple since this is the only apple product i have, i dont know about their refurbs, but like all others its probably going to goof up in a few months. i want to know exactly what im getting if im going to do the exchange.
The sad part I you will never probably know if it is new or refurb. Refurbs look brand new.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #56
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
I have a first gen, haven't had any problems. The wife won it from her work, I took it over and use it on my motorcycle.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:05 AM   #57
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F

Quote:
The sad part I you will never probably know if it is new or refurb. Refurbs look brand new.
ive been able to tell with all my other refurbs, one you could see the visible repair to the outside of the product, another 3months later the screen turned purple and green.

and im not heated about anything, frustrated at first on the vagueness of the replacement...kinda expect more from apple not half ass telling you what is going on.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #58
Señor member

Quote:
Sounds like someone has a hard on for Apple
Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #60
just an AnT
AsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsianAnts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3451, 1st Civ Div MCB Camp Pendleton
Name: AnT
AsianAnts's Tacoma Gallery
old gen or new...as long as it works... mine pooped on me ... these shiet dont last more than a year for me..

my first initial ipod nano, just a little over a year the battery died...

then my second one, not even 1 year and i got the infinite 'restore your ipod using itunes' all in different languages...

zune on the other hand, has been working just fine! given to me for free with a broken screen, replaced the screen and its been good since then.!!!!!