Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Best Price on Dakars?

Old 12-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Best Price on Dakars?

Shopping prices for parts- Wanted to see if anyone else had any leads.

TRDParts4U- 394.76 for the springs plus 54.94 for the AALs. 75 or so in shipping.

Wheelers- 400 even for springs, 58 even for the AALs. They have a poly bushing that I'm thinking about instead of trying to re-use the old runner ones. E-mailed for a shipping quote- but knowing what I spent last time- I think it will be more than TRDParts.

Toytec- 399.98 for the springs and they don't sell the other stuff.

LowRangeOffroad- 368.52 for the Dakars and 24.56 (??) for the AALs. Looks like about 111.92 for shipping.

I'll update if anyone has anything to say!!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You don't have to get them from the link shown in that thread , most spring shops will carry them , that's where I got mine
Old 12-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Good info I'll be ordering the expedition pack soon!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Oh , and Bruines , DSM is selling the Dakars , it's not on their website and they refer to them as the " OME progressive 7 leaf pack " but I was just talking to a guy yesterday or the day before on here that got his from them .
Old 12-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Nifty. I'm not planning on running shims but now you have me wondering.
It just gives you the ability to run them if you find you need them later , it doesn't have any effect on running them without . I have the collars on mine and no shims .

If you need shims later and don't put on the collars you would have to completely uninstall the leaf pack to add them .

It's a no brainer for like $10
Old 12-30-2011, 05:42 PM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
It just gives you the ability to run them if you find you need them later , it doesn't have any effect on running them without . I have the collars on mine and no shims .

If you need shims later and don't put on the collars you would have to completely uninstall the leaf pack to add them .

It's a no brainer for like $10
True enuf. I'll have to snoop around for a spring shop. And get up the balls to tell the wife I'm spending another 500 on the truck suspension.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:45 PM   #11
eagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud ofeagle5521 has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
eagle5521's Tacoma Gallery
Check with Metal Tech (800) 839-0684 They were the cheapest when I bought my lift. They don't show the Dakars individually on the website, but I'm pretty sure they do. Just give them a call.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: USDI BLM
Name: J.W.
n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked with Cruiser Outfitters? I did not see prices for individual components but found they had the best prices when I was looking for FJ 60 springs a few months back.

http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/sus_Tacoma2.html
Old 12-30-2011, 05:56 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Thanks for the tips guys. Anyone used the D29XL extra leaves for the Dakar pack??
I'm getting them . My Daks have sagged 1/2" since having my Leer cap on full time for the last 6 months
Old 12-30-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
n0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shedn0rth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
I looked into the overloads for my leafpack to account for the CBI rear bumper with swingout, after talking to Jonny at Wheelers I went with a standard pack with timbren bumps it has worked out really well. I used a OME carrier bearing drop and no shims and have not had any vibration issues in this configuration.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
They aren't really another overload though , they are another regular leaf , leaving the entire pack with the 2 original overloads .
Old 12-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #17

n0rth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They aren't really another overload though , they are another regular leaf , leaving the entire pack with the 2 original overloads .
I guess your right I never noticed it was extra full leaf, I always thought it was just an overload.

Another place to check pricing.
http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...uct_list&c=317
Old 12-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't forget to buy centre pin collars
Just run a nut down the center pin to the head at the bottom and use it like a spacer.

Also, these only seem necessary if you're using axle shims.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

Also, these only seem necessary if you're using axle shims.
Exactly what I said Jan
Old 12-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly what I said Jan
Was it somewhere else in there? I pretty much just replied after quotin' that.