Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

XM Radio Deals

Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
XM Radio Deals

I figured I would post my XM radio deal and how I got it. I had the complimentary 3 months of XM radio select. In the last month of XM, I started getting the renewel letters urging me to renew at around $130+ $15 royalty fee. Ignored them because to me the service is a 'nice-to-have' type service thats not really needed since its used only when in-vehicle. 2-3 weeks before the radio was scheduled to cancel, another offer was sent asking me to renew for $107 for the year, and the full royalty fee probably would have been tacked on. I was going to renew at that point, but got lazy with paying for it and just let it expire.

2 weeks without XM go by and I'm doing fine with various MP3 cds, and I get another letter asking me to resubscribe for $86 for the year. Thats what I used to pay when I was utilizing the 2nd radio deal under a family member's account. I go online and enter in the offer codes, and another deal pops up... 6 months for $30 . It may have been a glitch on their part, but the 6 mo for $30 made more sense than the 12 mo for $86, so I did the 6 mo for $30 deal which required tax and a $2 royalty fee. I figured in 6 months, I'll call to cancel and see what they can do for me at that point.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
stucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nicestucksucksnayota is just really nice

Name: Barry
stucksucksnayota's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stucksucksnayota
I did this a while back as well. But just dont forget to call and cancel or else they charge you for a 3 or 4 month package i believe.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
TACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACWUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TACWUT's Tacoma Gallery
I once got a call n was offered 12.50 for the year. I should have done it.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
I got 5 months for $20 I think but it adds the fee etc...$32 for 5 months and thats with premium channels. Good deal. I'll see if they have ot when I have to resubscribe.

They wanted to charge me $95 for the year again after I pushed them down from the $165 standard year fee...