1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Radio Deals

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by mbrogz3000, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Feb 7, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    mbrogz3000

mbrogz3000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Toyota 4Runner Limited
    I figured I would post my XM radio deal and how I got it. I had the complimentary 3 months of XM radio select. In the last month of XM, I started getting the renewel letters urging me to renew at around $130+ $15 royalty fee. Ignored them because to me the service is a 'nice-to-have' type service thats not really needed since its used only when in-vehicle. 2-3 weeks before the radio was scheduled to cancel, another offer was sent asking me to renew for $107 for the year, and the full royalty fee probably would have been tacked on. I was going to renew at that point, but got lazy with paying for it and just let it expire.

2 weeks without XM go by and I'm doing fine with various MP3 cds, and I get another letter asking me to resubscribe for $86 for the year. Thats what I used to pay when I was utilizing the 2nd radio deal under a family member's account. I go online and enter in the offer codes, and another deal pops up... 6 months for $30 . It may have been a glitch on their part, but the 6 mo for $30 made more sense than the 12 mo for $86, so I did the 6 mo for $30 deal which required tax and a $2 royalty fee. I figured in 6 months, I'll call to cancel and see what they can do for me at that point.

2. Feb 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    I did this a while back as well. But just dont forget to call and cancel or else they charge you for a 3 or 4 month package i believe.

3. Feb 8, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    TRD Larry

TRD Larry trd larry

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    South Park, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Black,Sport,Premium and Tech Package
    Sport pedals,, Magnaflow cat back exhaust system,Kuhmo 275x55x20, Platinum #220 Abyss wheels 20x9.5. Under hood lights, OEM LED cargo bed lights, extra D-rings installed in bed, AC mod, diff. breather mod, OEM LED puddle lights and footwell lights, Homelink mirror, oil catch can, raptor grille lights, replaced chrome grille molding with black molding, tailgate lock/unlock and tailgate opener, console organizer, glove compartment organizer, Caliraised stealth LED light bar, TRD Cold Air Intake, Lighted cup holders, Meso extended fuse cover, Meso stage 1 tail lights, Meso switch panel, Door bowl lights. Anytime front and rear backup camera mod. TRD Pro Rigid fog lights.Door edge guards. TRD Pro shift knob with Boomer's TRD LED light (Red for security, blue for interior), Glass Break Sensor, sensor with LED light tied into the security LED light, OEM LED Headlights, Sequential LED Turn Signals.
    I have been using this deal for the last 2 years for both my car and truck. The truck has XM and the car has Sirius I pay $88 each. I have even heard of better deals. Like $59 a year.

4. Feb 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    TACWUT

TACWUT Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    12 prerunner DC
    Flowmaster turndown, 5100 up front/5150 rear, maxtrac spindles, 2" tuff country add a leaf+TSB.
    I once got a call n was offered 12.50 for the year. I should have done it.

5. Feb 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM
    Relik

Relik Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddy
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Sport PreRunner-Auto-Magnetic Gray
    Bilstein 5100s (Front & ext. Rear), Eibach coils @ 0, MaxTrac 4" Spindles, Light Racing UCAs, 1/4" lean spacer, All-Pro 3" Standard leafs, u-bolt flip kit, SpiderTrax 1.25" wheel spacers, 33" (285/70/17) TreadWright Warden A/T tires, extended lines
    I got 5 months for $20 I think but it adds the fee etc...$32 for 5 months and thats with premium channels. Good deal. I'll see if they have ot when I have to resubscribe.

They wanted to charge me $95 for the year again after I pushed them down from the $165 standard year fee...

Products Discussed in

To Top