Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Craftsman Tool Set!! Huge Savings!!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #1
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Craftsman Tool Set!! Huge Savings!!

...I think

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/...-made-in-usa#8

Not a bad deal though
Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
I am looking for a "starters" tool set, right now I have bits and pieces.

Is this a good deal? I have no idea
Old 02-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #3
Banned
Stout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant futureStout890 has a brilliant future

Navy: aviation machinists mate on the Lockheed p-3 orion
Name: Jason
Stout890's Tacoma Gallery
Well that's a professional tool set not a beginners tool set. I'd get there 200$ set and add on to it the tools you will youse when you need them. All I have is a small tool bag full of tools iv bought as I need them and I can do all basic maintenance plus most of anything else with out dipping into my brother in laws set. Oh and get a good floor jack and jack stands from harbor freight. Only buy craftsman tools or better and only get harbor freight tools for one time use or rarely used tools. (my 1/4 inch deep sockets are harbor freight, they work great)
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Lowes had a kobalt 227 piece set for $99 over the holidays. If I hadn't picked up that set already, I def would have jumped on this deal.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidogrc View Post

Bought one! Figured worst case scenario I can always return it, but in the meantime, I'm going to try to sell it for profit... hehehehe
Old 02-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Got notification today that it shipped! Went back to the website and it says no longer available for sale... I think I ended up paying $290 including tax.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Sears usually has that set for a very similar price on most holidays, veterans, presidents, 4th of july...

bought mine a couple of years ago on one of those holidays... good set
Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the 261 pc with the case for $150. So much nicer with the organized toolbox drawers.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
I bought the 261 pc with the case for $150. So much nicer with the organized toolbox drawers.

Link? I could always exchange for that one...
Old 02-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Add to Cart

This item is not available for purchase at this time.

Honestly Crasftman has gone down in quality. Also now they replace tools with refurbished ones first before handing you a new one.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #12
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
Link? I could always exchange for that one...
It's not on sale anymore but this is it:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...&blockType=G16
Old 02-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
shit thats a good deal. craftsman tools last forever, and even if they were to break, it's replaced for free. cant go wrong there, and if you can turn it for more $$, thats even better. solid investment either way.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #14
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Add to Cart

Honestly Crasftman has gone down in quality. Also now they replace tools with refurbished ones first before handing you a new one.
I replaced my 1/2" socket wrench the other day. They got one off the shelf and handed it to me. Oh and i broke it by using it like a breaker bar
Old 03-02-2012, 03:28 PM   #15

Sold the set I bought today for $375... Made $90, not bad.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #16

Also, I heard rumor that Craftsman is having a huge tool sale this weekend... I plan to be there to find out...
Old 03-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #17
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
Also, I heard rumor that Craftsman is having a huge tool sale this weekend... I plan to be there to find out...
Same sale running till the 3rd
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Add to Cart

The re furbs are only for ratchets. And only if there is no rebuild kit on hand, and a re furb on hand. I havent gotten a refurb from them, but have had a ratchet re built. Not a big deal to me, as all the internals are replaced with new parts. AS for teh quality, I agree. Seems many more of the tools are being made in China. That being said, the USA made ones still seem fine.