Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

5 quarts of G-Oil, free at Walmart

Old 05-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #21
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I have not hit 5000 miles on it yet. I have about 2000 to go. The color still looks good and it does not smell funny...If that means anything.
How's it taste?

Warning: DONT TASTE MOTOR OIL.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #22
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrdoug View Post
GREAT another oil thread. Just kidding, glad you pointed this out, I'm all about helping mother earth just a little bit more than the next guy.
At least I refrained from posting a "What wheels should I get?" Thread.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #23
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
How's it taste?

Warning: DONT TASTE MOTOR OIL.
*spits out oil*

*mental note, read entire posts before honoring requests.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #24
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
*spits out oil*

*mental note, read entire posts before honoring requests.
Lulz.

I might try this stuff after i burn through my cases of mobile 1
Old 05-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #25
2012 DCLB
gsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedgsxrdoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Yeoman
Name: Douglas
gsxrdoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At least I refrained from posting a "What wheels should I get?" Thread.
very true.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #26
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrdoug View Post
GREAT another oil thread.
LOL!

Seriously though...

When you send in the sample to Blackstone, send in a virgin sample too so you have a good comparison, especially of the viscosity over the 5k.
I did that testing various oils in my motorcycle and the results were very interesting, including Royal Purple not performing any better than Castrol GTX.

http://personal.linkline.com/rlockyer/oil/oil.xls
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #27

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
LOL!

Seriously though...

When you send in the sample to Blackstone, send in a virgin sample too so you have a good comparison, especially of the viscosity over the 5k.
I did that testing various oils in my motorcycle and the results were very interesting, including Royal Purple not performing any better than Castrol GTX.

http://personal.linkline.com/rlockyer/oil/oil.xls
That is a great idea. I will have to get another sample kit.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #29
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
biodegradable....... So I can dump it out anywhere....... Lol..... Jp....
Old 05-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #30
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
biodegradable....... So I can dump it out anywhere....... Lol..... Jp....
It's a big desert out there, and there's a lot of problems buried in that desert.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #31
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
I am not sold on the "green" oils or antifreeze. We have been using it the marine industry for a while and the test results are not as good as some claim. I will stick with something that has been proven myself.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #34

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Looks tat way. The original post is 3 months old now.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #35
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanks, took me a few minutes to realize the link was to the promotions page, cause at first i thought it was straight to a static coupon
Old 05-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #36

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nammer View Post
cool thanks, took me a few minutes to realize the link was to the promotions page, cause at first i thought it was straight to a static coupon
They did run the 5 quarts free 2 weeks ago. It pops up once in a while.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #38
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Currently at 4 quarts for free/max $26. Interested to see the testing results as I will change mine here in a few weeks. Tks for the info thus far.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:26 AM   #39
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I finally put 5000 miles on this oil and got the report back from Blackstone (attached). The results looks OK, not as good as Amsoil (the two previous reports listed). The additive package was almost gone, so not much chance of going past 5000 miles on it. It is probably just as good, maybe slight better than a good conventional oil. Given the promotional price, I think that it is a good choice.
I'm still not at 5k yet on mine. I probably won't be getting a report, but at least I know that my money ($free.99) probably wasn't wasted I might make a mental note to take it easy on the last 1k miles or so that I have left since the viscosity they said wasn't holding.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:38 AM   #40

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
I finally put 5000 miles on this oil and got the report back from Blackstone (attached). The results looks OK, not as good as Amsoil (the two previous reports listed). The additive package was almost gone, so not much chance of going past 5000 miles on it. It is probably just as good, maybe slight better than a good conventional oil. Given the promotional price, I think that it is a good choice.

According to the oil whizzes over at Bobistheoilguy.com, The formulation of G-oil has changed slightly in the past few months. They have made some changes to strengthen the additive package. I have the new formulation in the truck now and will report back in 5000.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 03 TACOMA-082612.pdf (23.5 KB, 74 views)