Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Synthetic oil onsale @ Advanced auto parts

Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #1
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Synthetic oil onsale @ Auto Zone auto parts

5qts. of Valvoline fully Synthetic & STP Oil Filter $24.99

For Penzoil synthetic it was $29.99

Auto Zone & Advanced have the Penzoil & Valvoline Synthetic on sale, w/free oil filter. Advanced ends Jan 3 2009

Picked up the Valvoline today. Told them to keep the oil filter (since I bought a case of oil filters from the Toyota dealer, $43 for 10.)
Old 12-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
good find once again
Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
good find once again

Thank you sir. Trying to help the goup save money.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery

Who is going to take advantage of this deal? Or have you already?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
xrunner-performance.com
dak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to behold

Army: Ranger Medic, 3rd Rangers, 75th INF (Medically Retired)
Name: Brad
dak-rt-2a-XR's Tacoma Gallery
is it just that brand or all of them on sale?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt it is for mobil 1. They're having difficulty keeping that stuff in stock.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak-rt-2a-XR View Post
is it just that brand or all of them on sale?
Just those 2 brands.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #8
xrunner-performance.com
dak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to beholddak-rt-2a-XR is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I doubt it is for mobil 1. They're having difficulty keeping that stuff in stock.
I heard about that on another forum...

is that because its selling like hot cakes or Mobil 1 is going out of business?
Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
I heard about that on another forum...

is that because its selling like hot cakes or Mobil 1 is going out of business?

Mobil 1 is not going out of business. It was from way back when the hurricane hit Houston. Production didn't pick up fast enough & stores have run low.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:21 PM   #10
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a link for all the oil/filter sales from slickdeals.net.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthr...10080&t=834362
Old 12-18-2008, 01:40 AM   #11
xrunner-performance.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Mobil 1 is not going out of business. It was from way back when the hurricane hit Houston. Production didn't pick up fast enough & stores have run low.
Synthetic Oil wouldn't be effected by low oil production, its made in a lab
Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #12
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Synthetic Oil wouldn't be effected by low oil production, its made in a lab

This is what lsocoee said. Even if it is made in a lab/factory, it could have been made in a storm raveged area to cause loss of production.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #13
Lord of Tomfoolery

Auto Zone & Advanced have the Penzoil & Valvoline Synthetic on sale, w/free oil filter. Advanced ends Jan 3 2009
Old 12-22-2008, 01:12 AM   #14
Lord of Tomfoolery

From Mobil 1's website : Why there is a shortage

We regret the limited availability of Mobil 1 motor oil due to the impact of Hurricane Ike on our raw material suppliers. We appreciate your loyalty to the Mobil 1 brand and your trust in our products. We are working quickly to have your choice of Mobil 1 available at normal levels as soon as possible. To show our commitment to our most loyal customers, we are offering a $10 online rebate toward a future Mobil 1 purchase (available for a limited time only).

Rebate form:
https://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English...2Emobil1%2Ecom
Old 12-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
Lord of Tomfoolery

Bump
Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 PM   #16
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
yup advanced auto also had the castrol syntech (5qt) with a fram toughguard for $29.99, I picked up this deal about two weeks back (may end Dec 31)
Old 12-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #17
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
FYI: a 5qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum can be had at Walmart for $23.00 (locally).
Old 12-31-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
FYI: a 5qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum can be had at Walmart for $23.00 (locally).
this is what i did last week, since they were outta m1 5w30. i have used the pp before....good stuff. i will use mobil1 again next round tho.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #19
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
I used to use valvoline full synthetic until I saw one of those chemical tests done the compare how oils break down. I now use Mobile 1 15,000 mile full syunthetic. $7.50 a quart + 1 quart of lucas full synthetic stabalizer. I always change it before the 15,000 miles though. I don't trust any oil to last that long. Thanks to genxer36 for that previous post. I appreciate saving $10 on my next oil change.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:56 PM   #20
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew5olson View Post
I used to use valvoline full synthetic until I saw one of those chemical tests done the compare how oils break down. I now use Mobile 1 15,000 mile full syunthetic. $7.50 a quart + 1 quart of lucas full synthetic stabalizer. I always change it before the 15,000 miles though. I don't trust any oil to last that long. Thanks to genxer36 for that previous post. I appreciate saving $10 on my next oil change.
YW! Make sure you photocopy the rebate. 2 per household.