Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Official Console Vault Discount for TW Members

Old 06-18-2013, 04:09 AM   #61
Old Sheepdog
Primersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimersinmyshoe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Primersinmyshoe's Tacoma Gallery
I got my new console vault but am worried that the metal finger hook can be used to break the lock. If you put a metal rod through it and wedged it against the frame, could you yank up real hard and break the lock? I'm thinking of taking the lock apart and removing the finger hook. Is that possible?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #62
Mac5.56 is on a distinguished road
Mac5.56's Tacoma Gallery
My warning to all buyers of this product comes from three years experience working on the campus in the U.S. with a bike theft rate higher (or tied depending on the year) then NYC.

In 2003 bike thieves realized that they could strip a plastic pen down to the plastic body and jam it in a barrel key hole and twist open the lock. Within days dozens of bikes secured by Kryptonite locks went missing.

If you buy this safe buy a version with a code.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #63
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
My warning to all buyers of this product comes from three years experience working on the campus in the U.S. with a bike theft rate higher (or tied depending on the year) then NYC.

In 2003 bike thieves realized that they could strip a plastic pen down to the plastic body and jam it in a barrel key hole and twist open the lock. Within days dozens of bikes secured by Kryptonite locks went missing.

If you buy this safe buy a version with a code.
I agree that the combo lock is the way to go... no losing/fumbling with keys
Old 10-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #64
nillin is on a distinguished road
nillin's Tacoma Gallery
iPad mini fitment?

Can anyone say for certain whether an iPad mini can be wedged in there? Technically the dimensions allow it but the opening is smaller than the interior space, so I can't be certain and need to be before I buy one of these. If anyone has or knows someone with a mini and a Tacoma console vault, I would be very thankful for the help.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #65
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc

Here's a picture of a Nexus 7. Slightly smaller but hope it helps!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #66
Pictographer
triplejjj has a spectacular aura abouttriplejjj has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jerry
triplejjj's Tacoma Gallery
It Fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nillin View Post
Can anyone say for certain whether an iPad mini can be wedged in there? Technically the dimensions allow it but the opening is smaller than the interior space, so I can't be certain and need to be before I buy one of these. If anyone has or knows someone with a mini and a Tacoma console vault, I would be very thankful for the help.
I just checked, it fits. Would not fit with my otter box case on it though. Also you have to angle it in and there will not be room for anything else
unless it's small.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #67
nillin is on a distinguished road
nillin's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you both. Very helpful people on this forum.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #68
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
So is it possible to leave it closed and not locked, or do you have to unlock it every time you want to access your console?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #69
skynet is on a distinguished road
skynet's Tacoma Gallery
I've been thinking about getting one of these since I brought my truck does anyone have any negative input? All I've heard is everyone loves them which if that is the case I should have bought one already.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #70
Pictographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
So is it possible to leave it closed and not locked, or do you have to unlock it every time you want to access your console?
You can leave it unlocked.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:42 AM   #71
Pictographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skynet View Post
I've been thinking about getting one of these since I brought my truck does anyone have any negative input? All I've heard is everyone loves them which if that is the case I should have bought one already.
Love mine
Old 06-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #72
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplejjj View Post
You can leave it unlocked.
Is that with all the different locks or only certain ones? Haven't decided between the combo or keyed lock yet.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #73
dirty Nissan driver
gravedgr has much to be proud ofgravedgr has much to be proud ofgravedgr has much to be proud ofgravedgr has much to be proud ofgravedgr has much to be proud ofgravedgr has much to be proud ofgravedgr has much to be proud ofgravedgr has much to be proud of

Name: Doug
gravedgr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggynagy View Post
Been speaking with Scott, owner of Console Vault, and he's offering TW members an additional discount on the 2nd Gen Console Vault bringing the price of a Console Vault to $259 + free standard shipping (add $35 for the 4-Digit Mechanical Lock).

Vault Types Available
Barrel Key Lock
Keyless 3 Digit Combo
Keyless 4-Digit Mechanical Lock
Not sure how I missed this (age maybe? looks like it just popped up again), but what is the difference in the "3 digit combo" and "4 digit mechanical lock" other than adding a 4th digit?
Old 06-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #74
Pictographer

Quote:
Is that with all the different locks or only certain ones? Haven't decided between the combo or keyed lock yet.
I don't think you can leave the key in it and still close your compartment, just not enough room. The type of lock it is requires you to turn it to lock and then remove the key.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:39 AM   #75
Pictographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedgr View Post
Not sure how I missed this (age maybe? looks like it just popped up again), but what is the difference in the "3 digit combo" and "4 digit mechanical lock" other than adding a 4th digit?
Three=1,000 possible combinations.
Four=10,000 possible combinations.

That's all the difference beside the up charge for a
four digit combo.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #76
skynet is on a distinguished road
skynet's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for all your help!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #77

So you'd have to buy the combo one in order to leave unlocked and closed?
Old 06-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #78
Pictographer

Quote:
I'll check for you later today since I'm
not at home, that way we'll be sure.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #79
Pictographer

Quote:

I just checked mine.
Once you insert the key and turn it to unlock the key will remain in the lock
until lock it and remove the key.
Old 06-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #80

Bummer. Really wanted a key one, but definitely use my console too frequent to have to constantly unlock for use.