Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

FREE Fluid Film Samples are Here!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #261
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
We use Fluid Film in CG Aviation primarily for hinges and other areas that are exposed to corrosion. The stuff works, although I recommend, as it is our style, to reapply the stuff after washing. It will wipe off.

I would recommend this stuff to anyone living in the New England area or any corrosive salty environment.
FF mentioned being a USCG approved lubricant on their website. It's good to read that wasn't an outdated boast.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #263
Please keep TW beautiful: search & stay on topic
BBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBYE V8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BBYE V8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
What's the best method for spraying the undercarriage? Should I mask off the truck? Should I have it on a lift? Or does jacking it up getting under and spraying work just fine?
You don't need to mask off everything, it will not harm paint. You may want to wrap the exhaust system in newspaper (when exhaust is cool), but you don't have to be anal about it; you can mask off a lot with minimal effort. When I did my Fluid Film Application writeup I did not mask off anything and I did not use a lift or even a jack. My stock 4x4 gave me enough clearance to coat everything with the spray bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Anybody know if I should cover myself if I crawl under the truck to spray?
I got it all over my skin and hair with no ill effect. Washed out with the usual soap and shampoo. I did wear a dust mask and eye protection because in general, lungs and eyes are so easily damaged.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #265
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
Still gicig away samples.id like to.try it out. Rust is a pain in hawaii!
I think the sample period is long past. From what the websites have to say about U.S. Navy testing, FF would do a good job blunting saltwater corrosion.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #266

DRAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1008 View Post
Hello,
I'm Bob from Kellsport Products. We have received several calls from Tacomaworld members so I thought I'd just stop in, say hello, and talk a bit about Fluid Film undercoating guns. We have had a ton of experience spraying Fluid Film over the past 8 years, and we supply Fluid Film to undercoating applicator locations all over the country. Fluid Film "NAS" formula can be a bit tricky when it comes to spray guns because the viscosity changes so rapidly. Fluid Film is thixotropic, which means it will get thicker as it sits, yet thin out immediately when shaken or stirred.
Below are a couple tips for spraying Fluid Film.
a) Store at room temp.
b) Stir or shake really well before you transfer into the gun cannister or container. Shake again before you spray.
c) There is no need to thin Fluid Film. To add another product to thin out Fluid Film will only make it less resistant to washoff. Stirring Fluid Film is more than adequate to make it easily sprayable.

Most standard spray guns will work with Fluid Film and get the job done. Some better than others. If you have a gun, give it a try.. it may work fine. We find that 60-80 psi works well, but every compressor output is different and you just need to find what works best. Personally, I put a small regulator on the gun end, and find that about 100 psi works great for me.

Over the years we have had dozens of guns that we tested and supplied to dealers. We have narrowed it down to (2) guns that have been modified by the manufacturer's to work specifically with Fluid Film NAS.
We feel that these spray guns have been "tweaked" as much as possible to get the best possible solution for Fluid Film applications. You can check them out at the link below:
http://www.kellsportproducts.com/undercoatingguns.html

As a small "thank you" for your interest in Fluid Film, we will offer all TacomaWorld members a 15% discount on all Fluid Film Products. Simply enter coupon code "tacoma" at checkout, and your discount will be applied.

If I can be of any help at all, please feel free to contact me.
Oh well, I'll try for a double discount next time.