Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Do not shop here!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #41
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I dropped $7 , it wasn't worth my time to pick up those 4 coins
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 PM   #42
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh boy...
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
Here is a direct quote of the company's shipping terms...

Shipping Cost
Most of our shipments will be shipped via UPS Ground. For oversized or over-weighted shipments, there will be additional shipping charge required. This applies, but not limited to bumpers, fenders, hoods, door panels, etc. Please email us for freight charge information on these parts.

In rare occasions where the actual cost is higher than the estimate, we will always inform you first for further instructions before proceed with the order. All shipping cost calculations are estimates from UPS. Some orders may require a signature to receive the delivery.

Well there goes my argument. I was going to say any company I were in charge of would have eaten the extra 7 and just moved on to the next customer. Untill I saw the above....
Old 10-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #44
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, gotta check their policies.

Several years ago a bunch of auto parts sites popped up at different URL's with different 800 numbers, but they were all funneling into the same company. The web sites had a different look and feel, but when browsing through their catalogs it was obviously the same catalog.

I ordered a part that they listed but didn't have in stock, and they charged me for it immediately. They then sent me an email saying they couldn't get the part and that I would eventually see a refund per their refund policy. Well, that sure didn't sit well with me, so I read the refund policy. Their policies indicated that they would charge your card immediately, and that it may take several weeks to get a refund. Based on the fact that they didn't have the part in the first place, I got them to refund immediately after talking to several people, but what a scam!

Bottom line is, read the policies for any place you are going to order from, and best to pay a little more to a vendor that you trust.

Whether it is in their policy or not, it is just bad business practice. Places like RockAuto and Crutchfield have both good prices and good business practices.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #45
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
wheres OP at? awww poor guy went on the witch hunt alone
Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #46
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
I think it's bad when shipping was part of the original $96. The order was complete according to him and the next day they contacted him to raise the price? Pretty shitty of them.
Yeah I wouldn't have been pissed about paying an extra 7$, just the general idea behind adding more money after finalizing the deal. Fuck that, they made a transaction, honor it. If that's their policy well that's a bit shoddy.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #48
JTRD12 is on a distinguished road
JTRD12's Tacoma Gallery
DEEERRRRPPPP
Old 10-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #49
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
It may not be a lot of money, but it is rather unprofessional of the site, IMO.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #50
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
If you aren't happy cancel the order, is 7 bucks shipping really that bad?

You have probably wasted 7 bucks worth of your life starting this thread
I spent 7 bucks of worth of my life reading this thread.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #51
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Yeah I wouldn't have been pissed about paying an extra 7$, just the general idea behind adding more money after finalizing the deal. Fuck that, they made a transaction, honor it. If that's their policy well that's a bit shoddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
It may not be a lot of money, but it is rather unprofessional of the site, IMO.
from their site as pointed out by another member

Shipping Cost
Most of our shipments will be shipped via UPS Ground. For oversized or over-weighted shipments, there will be additional shipping charge required. This applies, but not limited to bumpers, fenders, hoods, door panels, etc. Please email us for freight charge information on these parts.

In rare occasions where the actual cost is higher than the estimate, we will always inform you first for further instructions before proceed with the order. All shipping cost calculations are estimates from UPS. Some orders may require a signature to receive the delivery.

how is it unprofessional and why would you be pissed?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #52
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had a problem with Toyotapartszone.
Their prices are great, and I normally see my parts within 72 hours of ordering them.