Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Do not shop here!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
Berrylium is on a distinguished road
Berrylium's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down Do not shop here!

Ordered a bed mat for my tacoma from toyotapartszone.com and the price came to $96 including shipping which wasn't too bad. They then inform me the next day that after contacting ups about shipping, it would now cost me and additional $6.65. Well bullshit to that. This place sucks ass. A reputable place would just eat the cost and change it for the next customer instead of passing it on to me cause the f'd up the shipping.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
If you aren't happy cancel the order, is 7 bucks shipping really that bad?

You have probably wasted 7 bucks worth of your life starting this thread
Old 09-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
JirafaBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
JirafaBo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post

Pretty sure he's doing you and I a favor by alerting us to shady practices. Thanks OP!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
is 7 bucks shipping really that bad?
especially considering the size of a bed mat?!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
$6.65 Oh the Humanity!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
especially considering the size of a bed mat?!
I think it's bad when shipping was part of the original $96. The order was complete according to him and the next day they contacted him to raise the price? Pretty shitty of them.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads-up OP. Try this... Get a copy of the lowest on-line price you can find for a oem mat and ask your Toyota parts dept to either match that price or you'll shop elsewhere. Mine matches the price (or comes dam close) everytime i've asked. Works great for a case of oem oil filters too!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #8
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Eh, I don't give two shits about shipping after living in AK. Shipping for my headers from URD came to over 76 bucks. Ship or get off the pot. LOL!!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
Pretty sure he's doing you and I a favor by alerting us to shady practices. Thanks OP!

Shady would be charging the extra to your credit card without telling you, they called him up and told him about the additional charges. Threads like this are stupid, instead of telling us that he is unhappy why doesnt he tell them. That might get him somewhere posting it on here wont
Old 09-10-2012, 08:23 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Did that $6.65 put you into overdraft ?
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
Quote:

Well, order is cancelled and yes got it cheaper at dealer and it was in stock. The 6 bucks isn't the point here. It's how they conduct business. I woulda been just as pissed if they asked for 1 dollar more. Total BS. Shoulda ate the cost. Just a heads-up anyway.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berrylium View Post
Well, order is cancelled and yes got it cheaper at dealer and it was in stock. The 6 bucks isn't the point here. It's how they conduct business. I woulda been just as pissed if they asked for 1 dollar more. Total BS. Shoulda ate the cost. Just a heads-up anyway.
What about the fact that they told you it was gonna cost more and gave you the option to cancel instead of just charging you? That says something too yes? It does to me. It says "Hey, we fucked up, do you still wanna get our product or...." and they took the answer you gave and moved on. So should you.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
What about the fact that they told you it was gonna cost more and gave you the option to cancel instead of just charging you? That says something too yes? It does to me. It says "Hey, we fucked up, do you still wanna get our product or...." and they took the answer you gave and moved on. So should you.
It does say something on there part. But, that's a no-brainer. Call my credit card company and tell them about the fraudulent charges which will do more damage to them than me. Anyway, done with this company and yes, time to move on.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #14

Law Enforcement:
Fraudulent? You cancelled the order dude. And they told you about it. Look up what fraudulent charges are and come back and talk to me....until then
Old 09-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Shady would be charging the extra to your credit card without telling you, they called him up and told him about the additional charges. Threads like this are stupid, instead of telling us that he is unhappy why doesnt he tell them. That might get him somewhere posting it on here wont
You're right. I must've been mistaken. I didn't realize purchase experiences weren't allowed at Tacoma world. Not like the entire site isn't littered with them.

It's funny you claimed he was wasting his time posting... What did your post accomplish?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Thanks for the heads-up OP. Try this... Get a copy of the lowest on-line price you can find for a oem mat and ask your Toyota parts dept to either match that price or you'll shop elsewhere. Mine matches the price (or comes dam close) everytime i've asked. Works great for a case of oem oil filters too!
I was shopping online for oem all weather mats, cheapest I could find was $69, from some weird Site similar to OPs. As I'm checking out I finally get the shipping from address, turns out it was my dealer who owned the site. The same mats listed at $299 on their trucks. Lol
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #17
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
You're right. I must've been mistaken. I didn't realize purchase experiences weren't allowed at Tacoma world. Not like the entire site isn't littered with them.

It's funny you claimed he was wasting his time posting... What did your post accomplish?
Your avatar is a bowl of diarrhea, your argument is invalid.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Your avatar is a bowl of diarrhea, your argument is invalid.
yeaaahhhh...that needs changing
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #19
lavarider is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
lavarider's Tacoma Gallery
shipping you say ? 7.00 bucks ? try living here in hawaii it would have been 90.00 bucks .dont play if you cant pay !!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #20
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
yeaaahhhh...that needs changing