Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

50% at Superwinch for everything

Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
KEEP IN MIND!

Most of the winches superwinch (read: all but one, the X9 will fit) makes won't fit behind a lot of the plate bumpers vendors manufacture because most of their winches are not remote solenoid.

I will be cancelling my order tomorrow morning and going with a XRC-8 instead.
scared of a little modification, Nick?

there's an older style EP9 with the integrated solenoid behind that CBI bumper. all he had to do to fit it was trim a little on the bottom of the grill.

worst case is you have to grab the grinder and take off an inch or so from the top of your bumper.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #22
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
do they have any straps? snatch strap to be specific. i couldnt find one. thanks!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #23
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
scared of a little modification, Nick?

there's an older style EP9 with the integrated solenoid behind that CBI bumper. all he had to do to fit it was trim a little on the bottom of the grill.

worst case is you have to grab the grinder and take off an inch or so from the top of your bumper.
Uhh, duh lol.

I called Billy (owner of BruteForce Fab), who's making my front bumper and he said it wouldn't fit. I'm also getting a hybrid bumper, so there is a little bit less to grind off lol
Old 11-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
KEEP IN MIND!

Most of the winches superwinch (read: all but one, the X9 will fit) makes won't fit behind a lot of the plate bumpers vendors manufacture because most of their winches are not remote solenoid.

I will be cancelling my order tomorrow morning and going with a XRC-8 instead.

I think you were looking at the integrated solenoid models.
Superwinch specifically sells a remote solenoid wire kit. It doesn't state that it works with the Tiger Shark, BUT the Tiger Shark solenoid looks exactly like the old EP9.0 and the instructions specifically mention that you can remote install.

EDIT: lol sorry for being late to answer. Also, if you don't like their remote kit, you can easily buy heavy gauge welding or audio amplifier wires, I think about 4ga?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #25
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
do they have any straps? snatch strap to be specific. i couldnt find one. thanks!
listed under accessories

http://www.superwinch.com/p/2-x-30-1...ps?pp=12&pp=12
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post

I think you were looking at the integrated solenoid models.
Superwinch specifically sells a remote solenoid wire kit. It doesn't state that it works with the Tiger Shark, BUT the Tiger Shark solenoid looks exactly like the old EP9.0 and the instructions specifically mention that you can remote install.

EDIT: lol sorry for being late to answer. Also, if you don't like their remote kit, you can easily buy heavy gauge welding or audio amplifier wires, I think about 4ga?
The only winch superwinch describes as being a remote solenoid model is the X9. But interesting, thanks for the info. I'm new to the winch world. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #27
Nuggety

Quote:
The only winch superwinch describes as being a remote solenoid model is the X9. But interesting, thanks for the info. I'm new to the winch world. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Typically with Superwinch, anything that has an 'i' means integrated, such as the Talon 9.5i.
The 9.5 has a remote solenoid.
The 'SR' designation stands for 'synthetic rope'
Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #28
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Typically with Superwinch, anything that has an 'i' means integrated, such as the Talon 9.5i.
The 9.5 has a remote solenoid.
The 'SR' designation stands for 'synthetic rope'
I'm just not looking to spend that much on a winch. So are you saying that the Tiger Shark 9500 should be able to be converted to remote solenoid?
Old 11-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #29
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

i saw that..... but that says tree saver strap? and it doesnt say snatch strap?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #30
Nuggety

Quote:
I'm just not looking to spend that much on a winch. So are you saying that the Tiger Shark 9500 should be able to be converted to remote solenoid?
the tiger shark line looks to all be remote solenoid. In fact, it looks like it's using the same solenoid as the old EP line. Here's some examples of my friend's EP9.0

Quote:
i saw that..... but that says tree saver strap? and it doesnt say snatch strap?
Snatch and recovery are used interchangeably in our 4x4 community. There's probably correct words when you get into more serious stuff like overhead rigging or boats and stuff, but we are kind of the hillbilly cousin who can't understand the right words, so we generalize.
For instance, those things we call 'D shackles' are actually 'bow shackles', and serve a different purpose than a true d shackle.

I didn't think about it last night, but a good thing to do would be to quiz them on working load limit and elasticity. A really good strap will have a printed tag on it that states the capacities (good examples are Viking and Wheeler's Offroad, who both have a leather patch sewn on with these ratings). I can't remember if my ARB strap says anything at all, however ARB can be recognized by color.

I didn't look at things closely enough last night, and for that I apologize. Here's a few of my concerns:

1. Is it a recovery strap, or is it a tree saver? The reason for this concern is because of elasticity: You want a lot of it for recovery, none of it for winching.
Elasticity is good for recovery straps (about 15% IIRC) so you can do a dynamic pull, allowing you to benefit from a rubber band effect (good explanation videos here)
Non-elasticity is good for tree straps, because winching needs to be a constant, static pull.
I have the 12' Wheeler's tree/snatch strap. This has a small bit of elasticity to it, which makes it best suited for a tree strap, but can be used for recovery if I really need it. I was concerned about the elasticity, so I asked Bill Burke about it. He said that my strap shouldn't be a problem, but it might be best to have a dedicated recovery strap. As such, I have an ARB 2x30 recovery strap specifically for my recovery needs.

2. The loops don't look like they are reinforced?? Maybe they just aren't colored differently, but If you look at ARB and Viking, the loops have an additional layer of material to keep the loops from damage. I would be interested in seeing better pictures.

For these questions, you may wish to contact Bill Burke. He is basically the de facto 4x4 teacher, and he's closely related to Superwinch as a sponsored driver and assists them with product advice. He's also sponsored by ARB and has a high opinion of Viking. He can do a good job of steering you towards or away the right product.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
Banned
thanks for the detailed explanation!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #33
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Sweet! And thanks to Chicken as well.

However, I think I will be finding somewhere else to mount the control box. Hacking my grill is not on my to do list.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sweet! And thanks to Chicken as well.

However, I think I will be finding somewhere else to mount the control box. Hacking my grill is not on my to do list.
if it's a remote solenoid, you just unbolt it from the winch, get longer cables, and mount it wherever you want.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #35
Banned
by the way, i found the snatch straps. they are here.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92144_410X_A_PG.htm
Old 11-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #36
Nuggety

Quote:
by the way, i found the snatch straps. they are here.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92144_410X_A_PG.htm
that has nothing to do with superwinch or their discount.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #37
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
any word on a working code?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
I asked superwinch if their tigershark had an integrate or non-integrated solenoid, since TG told me only a non-integrated one would fit, and they told me it was non-integrated (solenoid can be relocated)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #39
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
OP - where did this coupon come from? I searched google and couldn't find it, and I couldn't find it on BB's website either. I tried the code just now and it didn't work.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #40
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonenough View Post
OP - where did this coupon come from? I searched google and couldn't find it, and I couldn't find it on BB's website either. I tried the code just now and it didn't work.
Yeah, it was off BB's site and now it's not there... very strange. I wonder if they got overwhelmed?

EDIT: Just found out over on the FJ forum:

Quote:
The deal is dead. I called and they said it was a mistake and "someone posted it and it went viral". . They are honoring any order they received, but killed the deal because it was only supposed to work on the Bill Burke stuff.