1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

$20 off Optima Batteries - Free shipping from them

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by packfan88, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Apr 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    packfan88

packfan88 [OP] Very Nice !

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
    So i went to Vatozone to see about a new optima battery. my factory one is about done and i dont want to get stranded.

Anyway, the local place wants $209!!! But they have a $20 off sale..... but id have to pay sales tax (8.75%).
    So i said to the guy, 'cant you give me the 20% off like the website has if you spend $100 or more and ship to home? im saving the company money by picking it up" he said nope. So i look at the bettery, its got like a 1/4" of dust on it and im like "foget it".

I go to Optima's website to find another retailer. They sell them thru their own site.

Same Red Top 35 is $189 but they also have the $20 off so $169 ...and they ship free.

So while Ive seen threads with people getting them as low as $125, aint no body got time for that! Plus I know its a 'fresh' bat-tree!

good enough for me.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/us/e...batteries-8020-164-35-redtop-starting-battery

[​IMG]

2. Apr 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    tencrawler

tencrawler I'm a lover not an expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    1985 Pickup 4x4 SCLB 22R 5SPD Manual
    Only 55K Original Miles in Spring of 2018
  3. Apr 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    packfan88

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
  4. Apr 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    yes it is if you have a .edu email...

good find Wes..

5. Apr 23, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    I recently purchased a 34/78 YT from a local retailer...
    (mom/pop shop) $ 155. (tax incl.)

was dusty... didn't care (it's going to get dusty anyways)
    Came with the full Optima warranty...
    so it don't matter where it was bought.

I'm not a fan of the group 35's
    prefer the group 34 YT instead.
    I'd would also choose a YT over a RT everyday of the week

6. Apr 24, 2013 at 5:29 AM
    packfan88

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    I dont mean dusty as in its dirty. I mean dusty as in its prolly been on the shelf for over a year.

7. Apr 24, 2013 at 6:38 AM
    tencrawler

tencrawler I'm a lover not an expert

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Petaluma
    Vehicle:
    1985 Pickup 4x4 SCLB 22R 5SPD Manual
    Only 55K Original Miles in Spring of 2018
    Thanks, you are both right Prime isn't free unless you have a .edu email, but for those who may not have Amazon Prime, there are additional purchasing options that will cost close to the same as the Amazon Prime.

$156 Free Shipping (No Prime Needed) http://www.amazon.com/Optima-Batter.../ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ASDMBGFKSW1C3

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  8. Apr 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    packfan88

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    #1 warranty support
    #2 not old stock

2 Reasons why I didnt use Amazon.
    "Bob-n-Joe'sAutoParts" (via amazon) is not who i want to deal with if there is a problem. For $15 i chose directly from Optima.

Good luck if you have a problem with a battery you bought from "InternetSales" (a e-retailer on amazon) or buying it from Amazon. Read the reviews of the item in regards to what happens if your battery craps out while udner warranty.

I have a older 35 still under warranty and took it to autozone who sells Optima's. They told me I had to take it to where I got it and that they do not honor the warranty unless bought there. I told the manager I bought it online and the place is out of business.
    They said sorry, no dice but contact Optima. Optima told me the same thing, I explained they do not exist. Optima will not ship you a replacement battery, they used to but they changed their policy.
    So now I have a $150 battery under warranty that nobody will honor and exchange. This is one of the worst finger pointing run arounds I have ever seen.
    Good batteries if used constantly, horrible customer service/warranty from Optima.

So yeah, you can find it for $15 less. Maybe even $30 less. Optima has a great policy for a bad battery under warranty if you buy it from them.
    http://jci_media.s3.amazonaws.com/5013/4330/9796/Warranty_Guide.pdf

Products Discussed in

To Top