Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

$20 off Optima Batteries - Free shipping from them

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
$20 off Optima Batteries - Free shipping from them

So i went to Vatozone to see about a new optima battery. my factory one is about done and i dont want to get stranded.

Anyway, the local place wants $209!!! But they have a $20 off sale..... but id have to pay sales tax (8.75%).
So i said to the guy, 'cant you give me the 20% off like the website has if you spend $100 or more and ship to home? im saving the company money by picking it up" he said nope. So i look at the bettery, its got like a 1/4" of dust on it and im like "foget it".

I go to Optima's website to find another retailer. They sell them thru their own site.

Same Red Top 35 is $189 but they also have the $20 off so $169 ...and they ship free.

So while Ive seen threads with people getting them as low as $125, aint no body got time for that! Plus I know its a 'fresh' bat-tree!

good enough for me.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/us/en...arting-battery

Old 04-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
$154 Free Shipping w/ Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Optima-Batteri...ds=car+battery $154 Free Shipping w/ Amazon Prime
Amazon prime isnt exactly free but good lookin out
Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
Amazon prime isnt exactly free
yes it is if you have a .edu email...

good find Wes..
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
I recently purchased a 34/78 YT from a local retailer...
(mom/pop shop) $ 155. (tax incl.)

was dusty... didn't care (it's going to get dusty anyways)
Came with the full Optima warranty...
so it don't matter where it was bought.

I'm not a fan of the group 35's
prefer the group 34 YT instead.
I'd would also choose a YT over a RT everyday of the week
Old 04-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
Very Nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
was dusty... didn't care (it's going to get dusty anyways)
I dont mean dusty as in its dirty. I mean dusty as in its prolly been on the shelf for over a year.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
Amazon prime isnt exactly free but good lookin out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
yes it is if you have a .edu email...

good find Wes..
Thanks, you are both right Prime isn't free unless you have a .edu email, but for those who may not have Amazon Prime, there are additional purchasing options that will cost close to the same as the Amazon Prime.

$156 Free Shipping (No Prime Needed) http://www.amazon.com/Optima-Batteri...=ASDMBGFKSW1C3
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
Very Nice !

#1 warranty support
#2 not old stock

2 Reasons why I didnt use Amazon.
"Bob-n-Joe'sAutoParts" (via amazon) is not who i want to deal with if there is a problem. For $15 i chose directly from Optima.

Good luck if you have a problem with a battery you bought from "InternetSales" (a e-retailer on amazon) or buying it from Amazon. Read the reviews of the item in regards to what happens if your battery craps out while udner warranty.

I have a older 35 still under warranty and took it to autozone who sells Optima's. They told me I had to take it to where I got it and that they do not honor the warranty unless bought there. I told the manager I bought it online and the place is out of business.
They said sorry, no dice but contact Optima. Optima told me the same thing, I explained they do not exist. Optima will not ship you a replacement battery, they used to but they changed their policy.
So now I have a $150 battery under warranty that nobody will honor and exchange. This is one of the worst finger pointing run arounds I have ever seen.
Good batteries if used constantly, horrible customer service/warranty from Optima.

So yeah, you can find it for $15 less. Maybe even $30 less. Optima has a great policy for a bad battery under warranty if you buy it from them.
http://jci_media.s3.amazonaws.com/50...anty_Guide.pdf

Products Discussed in this Thread