Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

deal on warn m8000

Old 08-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
deal on warn m8000

Just ran across this deal on ebay. I wish I could take advantage of this right now but since I cant letting yall know maybe help somebody out. They are selling a brand new m8000 for 471 free shipping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARN-26502-M...61c471&vxp=mtr
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
Just ran across this deal on ebay. I wish I could take advantage of this right now but since I cant letting yall know maybe help somebody out. They are selling a brand new m8000 for 471 free shipping!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARN-26502-M...61c471&vxp=mtr
Is this a good deal? Good winch? I really have no clue about winch brands but want one since I'll be getting a plate bumper soon. I'll be researching my ass off in the meantime!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #3
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
THAT'S AWESOME
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Is this a good deal? Good winch? I really have no clue about winch brands but want one since I'll be getting a plate bumper soon. I'll be researching my ass off in the meantime!
Very good deal. Great winch. I'd get this right now if I could but it looks like I'll be waiting for 4wp black Friday sale
Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's a great deal at the price if the seller is solid. I'm running a Warn M8k an it's a solid winch, My only problem is I bought it in 2008 and it has the older solenoids which when exposed to the elements tend to corrode the terminals and I had to replace a solenoid but a solid 5 years of service! Switch to synthetic though.

DO NOT consider smittybuilt!!! If you want to think about another winch look at superwinch, a bit pricier but a reputable winch.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well I like WARN, but the only thing is I don't know which one I want (have my 99') I feel like this gets great reviews, my only hubub is if it will fit under an Elite Off Road bumper. I'll have to PM Timcha and ask

Also I've heard they're pretty confusing when it comes to wiring/setting it up..
Old 08-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I like WARN, but the only thing is I don't know which one I want (have my 99') I feel like this gets great reviews, my only hubub is if it will fit under an Elite Off Road bumper. I'll have to PM Timcha and ask

Also I've heard they're pretty confusing when it comes to wiring/setting it up..
Pretty confusing? No, not at all. Pull everything out of the box, look at the labels, match labels, winch. It's that simple. What get's difficult is looking at the schematic and wiring up in-cab winch control and matching the leads to a switched 12V and a momentary on/off DPDT switch.

I'm using a 8K winch on a 2010 4runner, it'll be fine for your '99 Tacoma. Get a snatch block if you're that worried about it and avoid deep mud.

In cab control.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
Pretty confusing? No, not at all. Pull everything out of the box, look at the labels, match labels, winch. It's that simple. What get's difficult is looking at the schematic and wiring up in-cab winch control and matching the leads to a switched 12V and a momentary on/off DPDT switch.

I'm using a 8K winch on a 2010 4runner, it'll be fine for your '99 Tacoma. Get a snatch block if you're that worried about it and avoid deep mud.

In cab control.

That's just what I read from a review, sounds like a pretty easy set up though. I definitely do plan on installing in cab switches/rockers to be able to control the winch so I'll have to cross that bridge when it comes
Old 08-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #9
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'll let you know how the warn fits in my bumper this weekend :beer:
Old 08-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #10
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
I want either in cab controls or wireless. But that's only if I can get a deal on a wireless one. I gave decided the warn m8000 is what I'm probably gonna end up with. With the reputation these things have why look anywhere else cause with a little reaserch and digging you can find prices like this on the m8000
Old 08-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
cdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant futurecdj1 has a brilliant future

Name: Clint
cdj1's Tacoma Gallery
I think wireless is a waste. In cab switches and wire will cost less than $40 for nice switches (the ones pictured) but can be done even cheaper.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #12
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj1 View Post
I think wireless is a waste. In cab switches and wire will cost less than $40 for nice switches (the ones pictured) but can be done even cheaper.
Just saw the wireless in action the other day, very, very cool.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #13
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
My friend Dave has a wireless on his and I have to admit it is pretty cool. Good range and everything. (Of course his isn't a Warn)