Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Gauntlet Overland Gear Cyber Monday - Save 10% site-wide

Old 11-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
GOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the rough

Name: Gauntlet Overland Gear
GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Gauntlet Overland Gear Cyber Monday - Save 10% site-wide

We are Gauntlet Overland Gear based in Denver, CO. We are manufacturers and resellers of high quality expedition gear for Toyota 4x4's. We sell our signature Rock Sliders, auxiliary fuel tanks, roof racks, tactical seat covers, Maxtrax®, Front Runner equipment and much more. Soon we will be adding TJM winches and recovery gear along with some new products we have been developing. We only sell equipment made in the USA or imported from Australia or South Africa. Nothing from China!

We appreciate the support from you guys and gals at TW so we are doing a site-wide 10% on your shopping cart total on Cyber Monday, December 2, 2013.

The coupon code is: gog_cyber_monday_save10

It will be active on Sunday, Dec. 1st - Tuesday Dec. 3rd
Old 11-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
GOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the roughGOG is a jewel in the rough

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jeff! There is definitely nothing like them on the market and we are proud of that. We tested them on a jungle expedition in Guatemala. They are beefy as hell and so much more slender than traditional tube sliders. Plus, the lines match the contour of the truck...makes for a really clean and polished look. We're about to launch a group buy for them in the next day or two. If you want a pair this will be a way to get them and save some money!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
I really like them.. just my wallet doesn't...lol
Old 11-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #5

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I know the sticker price seems high but when you compare them to our competitors, ours are a great value because they are bolt-on by default (grade 8 hardware includes), already come powder coated, (usually costs around $150) and are expedition grade by default. It's a lot of steel man!
Old 11-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh I know.. if I only I lived closer
Old 11-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #7

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Shipping is via freight. We ship them anywhere in the lower 48 states for $150
Old 11-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #8

well I will def have to save up but really am drooling over these... don't need a test truck in the south east do you?..lol
Old 11-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #9

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Not at the moment but if we did you'd be at the top of the list! We hope to eventually have 4x4 dealers carry them in your local store. Then our customers could save on shipping...but then you get hit with sales tax. I know, it's totally unfair
Old 11-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #10

no worries!.. that would be awesome though!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:24 PM   #11
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Skinkwerks makes something very similar to their sliders.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #12

GOG's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, from a distance the shape is similar but upon closer inspection they really are quite different. Ours are bolt-on and have a 3/16” mounting plate and gussets. These look like weld-on? Cool, nice work, though!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #13
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOG View Post
Yeah, from a distance the shape is similar but upon closer inspection they really are quite different. Ours are bolt-on and have a 3/16” mounting plate and gussets. These look like weld-on? Cool, nice work, though!
His do have frameplates and gussets. They just aren't visible in that photo. Currently just weld on though. I would be running Skinkwerks if I didn't already have sliders by the time I found them. I am running his bumpers and skids and I beat the hell out of them and they take it very well! He abuses his stuff pretty hard too.

As far as bolt-on vs weld on, I have bolt-ons and they are a pain in the ass to get lined up properly initially and have to be re-torqued every so often.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I guess It was a matter of time before someone jacked my design. Ah well. I guess it was a good one. And if you want some over priced, underbuilt sliders. Give these guys a call. For the real deal. Shoot me a pm
Old 11-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Edit: so, let me get the straight? The main body is just a touch over 1/8" thick. The legs, are just over 1/8" 2x2. The top is aluminum? I fail to see how the things are "overbuilt?"

I think these will hold up well under mall crawler status, shopping carts, kids bicycles, and the occasional shopping cart. Nice...
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
Benjamin Newman

Frankly, If you guys would have dug around on the design a little bit. You would have found me. And if gog would have asked if they could knock off my design. No sweat. But to pop out and say "our signature design" that's garbage and bs. If they need any more ideas, they are welcome to pm me.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #18
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btnewman View Post
I think these will hold up well under mall crawler status, shopping carts, kids bicycles, and the occasional shopping cart. Nice...

Oh, and
Old 11-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post

Oh, and
x2