LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

free amazon prime for students

Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #1
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Name: Trey
Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
free amazon prime for students

if you use your .edu email to your existing account you get amazon prime for free for six months and 50% off for 4 years i think?
just thought id let you guys know!

Edit: it is just free two day shipping and 50% off of amazon prime in the future.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:06 PM   #2
Tlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant futureTlook has a brilliant future

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 01-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Thumbs down

This sucks!!! It is NOT the "real" Amazon Prime. You can't watch the movies, or read the ebooks like on the "real" Amazon Prime.

Basically it is ONLY free expedited (2 day) shipping on purchases. WEAK !!!!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwolfpup View Post
This sucks!!! It is NOT the "real" Amazon Prime. You can't watch the movies, or read the ebooks like on the "real" Amazon Prime.

NOPE I have the student version. I can watch movies and videos, music books, and shipping. after my trial expired I pay $40 per year. Just a few purchases make it pay for itself.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #6

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

and basically half off on software
Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 PM   #7
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
NOPE I have the student version. I can watch movies and videos, music books, and shipping. after my trial expired I pay $40 per month. Just a few purchases make it pay for itself.
Maybe I am confused ???

I just followed the link and signed up and can not. It appears to me from the information online

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

It CLEARLY shows that you DO NOT get streaming and ebooks with the free 6 month student one. Yes. after you PAY money you do get those things.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 PM   #8
Somewhere on sabbatical

Exclamation

In full disclosure the OP should have mentioned that he is reaping in a referral FEE OF $10 for each of you that sign up using his provided link BTW.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #9

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe I am confused ???

I just followed the link and signed up and can not. It appears to me from the information online

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

It CLEARLY shows that you DO NOT get streaming and ebooks with the free 6 month student one. Yes. after you PAY money you do get those things.
even still free two day shipping cheap software and half off on a subscription isnt bad maybe i should have bee more specific in my post...
Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #10

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In full disclosure the OP should have mentioned that he is reaping in a referral FEE OF $10 for each of you that sign up using his provided link BTW.
am i really????? i had no idea i just figured i would post the link to the sign up page. i signed up a couple of months ago.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #11
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Who didn't know about this.

Also conning members is not the appropriate way to get referrals
Old 01-04-2014, 08:32 PM   #12

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennett707 View Post
Who didn't know about this.

Also conning members is not the appropriate way to get referrals
like i said i didnt realize it i signed up over two months ago
Old 01-04-2014, 08:34 PM   #13
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
So? Are you not benefiting to?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #14
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
To everyone accusing the OP of getting money, it only gives him money if he refers you through email or a social network, and I don't see a single link he posted for you anyway...
Old 01-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #15

Tlook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
To everyone accusing the OP of getting money, it only gives him money if he refers you through email or a social network, and I don't see a single link he posted for you anyway...
took it out so people would quit bitching. my fault for just copying a the link and not paying attention.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #16
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
Who cares if he is getting $10. If you didn't know about it until he showed you, he referred you.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #17
frankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to beholdfrankakashane is a splendid one to behold

Navy: VAQ-138 Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Frank
frankakashane's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of anyone getting money, its a good deal. I had amazon prime prior to signing up with my .edu. After I signed up, I got money back from what I paid for the year because prime shipping is free with .edu and tv/video is something like 50% off.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #18
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
prime is legit if you live out of the continental US. My buddy lives in Alaska and loves it. He orders all his wheels and tires through them when he finds something he likes lol. Free shipping that heavy their is awesome lol
Old 01-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #19
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
prime is legit if you live out of the continental US. My buddy lives in Alaska and loves it. He orders all his wheels and tires through them when he finds something he likes lol. Free shipping that heavy their is awesome lol
Yeah my parents ordered a desk or something with like 100$ slow shipping. They just bought prime for that purchase and it came in no time. It was the full priced prime, but still.

But it is also nice to have for the small things.