Save on Bestop Supertop...

Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
ann margret
sevyn_stars will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: adam
sevyn_stars's Tacoma Gallery
Save on Bestop Supertop...

This is the best deal I have found on the supertop...and trust me...I have searched up and down. StreetSideAuto.com has the DC Long Bed supertop for 527.60 w/free shipping (I presume it would be cheaper for a short box). I saw a "coupon code" box at checkout, so I decided to do a google search. I found code "rtmnt" for an additional 5% off and that dropped the price to a grand total of 501.22! And right now until June 30th you get a $100 dollar mail in rebate, so the price is really 401.22. I dare anyone to find a better deal! And if you do, don't tell me cause I spent many hours looking for this deal. I'll post picks after the install.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a good deal..

can u please post a link...i can;t seem to find the item on the website.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
ann margret

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
can u please post a link...i can;t seem to find the item on the website.

Here's the link for a long bed: http://www.streetsideauto.com/produc...YMM&Reset=True

Try and search bestop on the website to find your model.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
ann margret

Army:
Yeah, I've been wanting one for awhile, but it was kind of hard spending 564.00 on it. That was the cheapest I had been finding it for. I'm pretty excited about it and everyone who has one loves it!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:53 AM   #5
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Its not in stock for the short beds only the long bed I would have ordered it on the spot for that price. Nice find hopefully it becomes avialable for the short beds at that price.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #6
ann margret

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
so is the rebate a manufacturers mail in rebate like a coupon in the box or a registration code on a website or some other?

timmer

It's a manufacturers mail in rebate. You need to print off a form, fill it out, and send it in along with receipt copy, upc, etc. Here's a link to the form:

http://www.bestop.com/index.php?a=15"
Old 04-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
ann margret

Army:
Hey Dark, just curious...how hard was that thing to put on? I get intimidated everytime I'm about to start it and look at the instructions that say it takes 3 hours to install. You don't have to do any drilling in the bed do you?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #9
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevyn_stars View Post
Hey Dark, just curious...how hard was that thing to put on? I get intimidated everytime I'm about to start it and look at the instructions that say it takes 3 hours to install. You don't have to do any drilling in the bed do you?
It was a little time consuming to get it all set up but it is easily a one person job. It took me about 1.5-2 hours to get everything situated, the worst part was getting the snaps on the inside connected to the upper supports. Skip the aux tail light install it inhibbits the ability to fold down the top.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #10
ann margret

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
It was a little time consuming to get it all set up but it is easily a one person job. It took me about 1.5-2 hours to get everything situated, the worst part was getting the snaps on the inside connected to the upper supports. Skip the aux tail light install it inhibbits the ability to fold down the top.
Thanks for the tip! But no bed drilling, right???
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #12
ann margret

Army:
Quote:
nope no drilling. the top comes with clamps like a regular bed cap
hey dark, I put my supertop on and I love it's versatility already...plus it looks awesome. But I wanted to ask you...is there a...I don't know...quarter inch gap or so between the top of the tailgate and the bottom of the rear window? Cause there is on mine. I just want to know if it's supposed to be like that?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #13
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
no there is a gasket, should have come with the kit, goes on the bottom of the bar that holds the window, its a bit confusing and the instructions dont help much but i'll see if I can get a pic when i get home.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
ann margret

Army:
Quote:
no there is a gasket, should have come with the kit, goes on the bottom of the bar that holds the window, its a bit confusing and the instructions dont help much but i'll see if I can get a pic when i get home.
I think I know which gasket your talking about. If it's the one that you slide on the tailgate bar, then I have it on there. I think I might be sliding the tailgate bar in the corner brackets wrong or something. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #18
ann margret

Army:
They should really be a little more specific in the instructions. Anyway, got it on, looks awesome, and thanks again for your help dark! I'm off to go camping this weekend, so I'll post pics of the truck next week...
Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #19
falco is on a distinguished road

falco's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone please verify the $100 rebate works with this vendor. They are not listed on the authorized vendor Bestop site - http://www.bestop.com/index.php?a=6 . The rebate states you must purchase from an authorized dealer / installer.

FYI, http://www.4x4replacementparts.com has it for $555 with free shipping ($455 with rebate).
Old 04-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #20
ann margret

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by falco View Post
Can someone please verify the $100 rebate works with this vendor. They are not listed on the authorized vendor Bestop site - http://www.bestop.com/index.php?a=6 . The rebate states you must purchase from an authorized dealer / installer.

FYI, http://www.4x4replacementparts.com has it for $555 with free shipping ($455 with rebate).
I just checked the status of my rebate and it says "in process". So I'll let you know if it kicks it back or not when they update my status...