Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Relentless Fab DIY bumper/sliders on SALE!

Old 05-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #41
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
I will take that as a no
Old 05-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #42
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
I was going to PM you but I stumbled across this thread so I'll post here. I want to pull the trigger on one of your sexy ass rear bumper DIY kits but I want a swing out tire carrier too. That is not an add on option on the DIY kit on your website. Can you make that happen? Looks like I missed this GB, when's the next? I want to give you my money! lol
And I'm in love with hmy Xmas present stilll....

Probably some time later into summer. Got a lot of other stuff to catch up on and some local custom fab projects for some contractors we need to build right now and which will most likely consume the next couple months.
We should certainly be able to work something out on a Diy with tire carrier parts included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Any kits shipped out yet?
Not yet. BUT I did get parts back from forming for about 2 dozen steel bumpers today and should have aluminum next week. Lots of parts shipping next week. UPS is going to dread our pickups lol.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:07 AM   #43
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update - My UPS guy already gives me a hard time for the amount of large / heavy stuff I get shipped
Old 05-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #44
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
any updates on shipping times?
Old 05-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #45
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
any updates on shipping times?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #46
capturecolorado is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
capturecolorado's Tacoma Gallery
Super stoked... my bumper kit came today.

Everything looks great, the attention to detail shows in all the components EXCEPT... the recovery points. These two pieces of steel are, I hate to say it, the ugliest things I've ever seen. They were cut by plasma, the holes aren't straight (or round, or even the same size on both sides), the edges are uneven and rough (which can be fixed within reason, but c'mon). These can't be what you guys are using, please say it ain't so. You can plop your shop grom in front of your bandsaw and drill press and get cleaner recovery points than these.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #47
Lost pilot is on a distinguished road
Name: Reid
Lost pilot's Tacoma Gallery
Very interested, but I heard you can't run off road bumpers on stock suspension.. That true? Too much weight makes it sag?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #48
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by capturecolorado View Post

Everything looks great, the attention to detail shows in all the components EXCEPT... the recovery points. These two pieces of steel are, I hate to say it, the ugliest things I've ever seen. They were cut by plasma, the holes aren't straight (or round, or even the same size on both sides), the edges are uneven and rough (which can be fixed within reason, but c'mon). These can't be what you guys are using, please say it ain't so. You can plop your shop grom in front of your bandsaw and drill press and get cleaner recovery points than these.
All steel parts are cut on our plasma and they ARE the same ones we use, but of course with all the parts we do clean up before complete Fabrication of the bumper. Cleaning up the process is something I'm currently looking into, whether it's a more powerful plasma to better cut the material or perhaps punching the hole rather than cutting it. Drilling is certainly out of the question for me due to the time it takes in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost pilot View Post
Very interested, but I heard you can't run off road bumpers on stock suspension.. That true? Too much weight makes it sag?
A bumper alone is doable but the maximum I'd say you would want, but seeing as these are designed to hold a winch and most guys will add other armor that's where beefing up the suspension is needed.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #49
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

got a pic? sometimes parts will look bad if they dont set the plasma cnc correctly for the thickness of parts. say, they are running 1/2" parts then throw on some 1/4" and keep the same settings. (helps speed up production)
EDIT: (not to say this is what they do, i have noticed it from a lot of places i used to get parts plasma cut, i have switched to laser as the finish was much better)

hopefully mine will be here soon
Old 05-22-2014, 09:09 AM   #50
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hopefully mine will be here soon
X2
Old 05-22-2014, 08:47 PM   #51
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
All steel parts are cut on our plasma and they ARE the same ones we use, but of course with all the parts we do clean up before complete Fabrication of the bumper. Cleaning up the process is something I'm currently looking into, whether it's a more powerful plasma to better cut the material or perhaps punching the hole rather than cutting it. Drilling is certainly out of the question for me due to the time it takes in my opinion.

A bumper alone is doable but the maximum I'd say you would want, but seeing as these are designed to hold a winch and most guys will add other armor that's where beefing up the suspension is needed.
If cutting holes with water jet/plasma we just under size them and drill them out, only takes a few seconds and you get a clean hole.

Though I would expect a DIY bumper to have DIY characteristics, like grinding, drilling etc.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #52

I looked into punching them today after your criticisms; so we cut a blank and I'm going to try punching it tomorrow at the shop that does our press brake bending.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #53

thats a big punch set punching a 3/4" hole in 1" plate is no joke.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #54

15/16" hole in 3/4" They've got a 120 ton iron worker over at a structural steel shop.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #55

oh, so do you have an eta on when mine will ship? diy kit shipping to shane hook in san diego?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #56

Quote:
oh, so do you have an eta on when mine will ship? diy kit shipping to shane hook in san diego?

Thanks
I believe yours is probably just waiting on getting wrapped up to ship out. Should see tracking real soon
Old 05-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #57

I've never dealt with an iron worker, but the stories I've been told sound like they'd be up to the task!

I'm in the middle of making my way through the bumper now. You guys don't happen to have a rendering depicting where all the bits go, do you? The two pairs of tapered and 90 degree bent pieces have be stumped.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I looked into punching them today after your criticisms; so we cut a blank and I'm going to try punching it tomorrow at the shop that does our press brake bending.
Also sorry if I came off blunt and rude, I opened the package after doing the very OCD task of pouring a finish on a photograph I mounted... I wasn't expecting to see the plasma cut recovery points. I looked at them again this morning and they're not as bad as I made them out to be.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:53 PM   #59
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
I'm you've already gotten your bumper mr colorado.
Old 05-23-2014, 10:08 PM   #60
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also sorry if I came off blunt and rude, I opened the package after doing the very OCD task of pouring a finish on a photograph I mounted... I wasn't expecting to see the plasma cut recovery points. I looked at them again this morning and they're not as bad as I made them out to be.
Ouch.