Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Relentless Fab DIY bumper/sliders on SALE!

Old 05-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #61
capturecolorado is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
capturecolorado's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-25-2014, 11:16 PM   #62
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #63
kwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the rough
kwelklin's Tacoma Gallery
Eric does the 96-02 Tacoma bumper fit the 4runner by any chance? If you have a DIY for both front and back for a 97 4runner I'd order both pronto.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #64
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelklin View Post
Eric does the 96-02 Tacoma bumper fit the 4runner by any chance? If you have a DIY for both front and back for a 97 4runner I'd order both pronto.
Front would require mods. I've got a 98 4runner I'll be doing bumpers on as soon as I can get the time. DIYs will be available once I design it some time this summer
Old 05-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #65
kwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the roughkwelklin is a jewel in the rough
kwelklin's Tacoma Gallery
Keep me in mind!
Old 05-29-2014, 05:09 PM   #66
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
woot, got a shipping notice.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:13 PM   #67
Trentw is on a distinguished road

Name: Trent
Trentw's Tacoma Gallery
I had this idea for DIY kits a while ago, awesome idea! I'm looking into a rear bumper, been teaching myself to weld so naturally this spiked my attention. Would be a fun project.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #68
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by capturecolorado View Post
Super stoked... my bumper kit came today.

Everything looks great, the attention to detail shows in all the components EXCEPT... the recovery points. These two pieces of steel are, I hate to say it, the ugliest things I've ever seen. They were cut by plasma, the holes aren't straight (or round, or even the same size on both sides), the edges are uneven and rough (which can be fixed within reason, but c'mon). These can't be what you guys are using, please say it ain't so. You can plop your shop grom in front of your bandsaw and drill press and get cleaner recovery points than these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
got a pic? sometimes parts will look bad if they dont set the plasma cnc correctly for the thickness of parts. say, they are running 1/2" parts then throw on some 1/4" and keep the same settings. (helps speed up production)
EDIT: (not to say this is what they do, i have noticed it from a lot of places i used to get parts plasma cut, i have switched to laser as the finish was much better)

hopefully mine will be here soon

I got mine and i just opened it today, and i see what you are saying. the cnc plasma operator isnt doing a very good job lol. even the 1/4" parts have a bad kerf on them. and the shackles points are even worse. You can get great quality if you cut the parts right (i have seen it with my own eyes)

overall the parts are great, and its a diy kit so a lot of this will be easyish to fix.

also, do you have instructions for this? I didnt see any directions in the kit nor online.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
I got mine and i just opened it today, and i see what you are saying. the cnc plasma operator isnt doing a very good job lol. even the 1/4" parts have a bad kerf on them. and the shackles points are even worse. You can get great quality if you cut the parts right (i have seen it with my own eyes)

overall the parts are great, and its a diy kit so a lot of this will be easyish to fix.

also, do you have instructions for this? I didnt see any directions in the kit nor online.

Thanks
Our plasma has been a bit finicky lately- throwing random error codes and irregular cuts on one part then clean and square on the next. Seems to be an internal issue with the machine... so since I cant afford down time of my CNC while getting the cutter warrantied I ordered a new one and upgraded to the next larger one. It's slated to come the end of this week, should put us back to our same consistent clean cuts, and even speed cutting a tad. I've got settings dialed, just seems to be machine issues lately.

Here's the last recovery point batch, I personally cut them(we also took the criticism noted earlier on them and are having the hole in them punched rather than cutting it on the cnc so these are the 'blanks')

As for instructions, there should have been a basic guide sheet included that shows part orientations and such. If it's not there, PM me your email and I'll send you a pdf of it.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:57 PM   #70
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I just suck at my job.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
I guess I just suck at my job.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #72
ALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant futureALBtacoma has a brilliant future

Name: Pete
ALBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
alittle pissed I missed this deal maybe next time. But just wondering what shipping would be for the DIY aluminum bumper to both Alberta Canada and montana? Just need both to see if its worth doing border pick up or not.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #73

PM me specific postal codes and I can get the quote to you.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:34 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Our plasma has been a bit finicky lately- throwing random error codes and irregular cuts on one part then clean and square on the next. Seems to be an internal issue with the machine... so since I cant afford down time of my CNC while getting the cutter warrantied I ordered a new one and upgraded to the next larger one. It's slated to come the end of this week, should put us back to our same consistent clean cuts, and even speed cutting a tad. I've got settings dialed, just seems to be machine issues lately.

Here's the last recovery point batch, I personally cut them(we also took the criticism noted earlier on them and are having the hole in them punched rather than cutting it on the cnc so these are the 'blanks')

As for instructions, there should have been a basic guide sheet included that shows part orientations and such. If it's not there, PM me your email and I'll send you a pdf of it.

nice to see the hypertherm, best plasma company by far. sure jim will take care of you on the fixing of that one. i will send you a PM on the pdf as i didnt get anything in my package other then some sweet stickers and a invoice.

oh, and you dont suck at your job, just like you know, each thickness requires different cut speeds and amps.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #76

Theres a possibility, not 100% yet though
Old 07-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #77
SpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant futureSpecialTwinky has a brilliant future
Name: Kyler
SpecialTwinky's Tacoma Gallery
How long until the next deal for the DIY kits? I really wanna buy one!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #78
Normantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud ofNormantaco has much to be proud of
Normantaco's Tacoma Gallery
Me too