Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

Relentless Fab DIY bumper/sliders on SALE!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless Fab DIY bumper/sliders on SALE!

Hello everyone, we've just thrown up a discount code for use on our website good on all DIY bumper kits as well as our DIY rock slider kits!
Discount active now until the end of the month(4/16-5/1)

These parts are a "weld it yourself" kit of all our bumper components for our popular full fab bumpers, but with a much shorter lead time! Simply remove stock bumper, install our pre-fab center section onto truck, assemble/tack together the pieces of the kit right on your truck to assure proper alignment, then remove, weld, sand, and finish with paint and enjoy your bumper!

The DIY bumpers take an estimated 4 to 8 hours to complete in most cases, depending on the kit and skill level of the person doing the work. We recommend all kits be built by a skilled individual to ensure your safety when using them on the trail!

Lead times will be approximately 2-4 weeks estimated prior to shipping depending on how may orders we get in short succession.

DIY kits typically ship UPS ground to your door, however if you're ordering multiple kits then going all together on one pallet via freight is suggested to save you on shipping.

DIY bumpers are available for the following vehicles:

1996-04 Tacoma (front/rear)
2005-11 Tacoma (front/rear)
2012+ Tacoma (front/rear)
2003-05 4Runner (front)
2006-09 4runner (front)
07+ FJ Cruiser (front)
FJ80 Land Cruiser (front)

Rock slider kits available for the same models. All weld-it-yourself rock sliders are available only in weld-on style, sorry no bolt on option is available. With the right skills, you may be able to make your own mounting plates and make them into a bolt on product however!
WIY sliders come with rails assembled and tacked together, just finish weld, measure for mounting positions and weld the mounting legs/gussets/frame plates on then paint and weld onto the vehicle.

To get the discount, enter code "diydealdays" at checkout on my website. Orders must be placed through the site, though everyone should feel free to PM me with questions before ordering.

Please note that the DIY bumpers/sliders do NOT ship with detailed instructions on how to complete the kit.

There are also images on my website showing how the kits will come, number of pieces etc. The images show the correct layout and orientation, so the kits are relatively simple to fit together like a puzzle when you know what goes where via the pics shown and using the corresponding similarly dimensioned edges.

Completed customer DIY bumper examples

Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
KMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedKMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed
KMitch's Tacoma Gallery
Don't see the DIY slider kit listed in the 05+ section.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMitch View Post
Don't see the DIY slider kit listed in the 05+ section.
http://www.relentlessfabrication.us/...87&id=25390367
Old 04-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET JEBUS.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #5
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, still working on paying that tent off!

You guys doing the Labor Day GB again later this year?
I'm in for a DIY AL bumper and sliders if so.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbraunphoto View Post
Damn, still working on paying that tent off!

You guys doing the Labor Day GB again later this year?
I'm in for a DIY AL bumper and sliders if so.
We'll likely run some sort of a Labor Day sale but just what is in the sale is up in the air until right beforehand.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #7
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
For your rear bumper to fit, the factory tow hitch has to come off, right? Is it because of the mounts or will the face of the bumper hit the receiver itself? In other words, would altering the mounting plates allow the bumper to fit on the factory receiver?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
I will be ordering soon
Old 04-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vssman View Post
For your rear bumper to fit, the factory tow hitch has to come off, right? Is it because of the mounts or will the face of the bumper hit the receiver itself? In other words, would altering the mounting plates allow the bumper to fit on the factory receiver?
The mounting plates utilize the same locations the hitch does and my bumper is a higher clearance/smaller design than the factory- There would be about a 2" gap under my bumper to the factory hitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
I will be ordering soon
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 PM   #10
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
I have been waiting....lurking....hoping something like this would come along. IT DID! I have been saving and hoarding coin since I lifted my truck. All this time, and today when you post it, my wife tells me we are expecting....poop. I'll get ya on the next go 'round.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll Tide View Post
I have been waiting....lurking....hoping something like this would come along. IT DID! I have been saving and hoarding coin since I lifted my truck. All this time, and today when you post it, my wife tells me we are expecting....poop. I'll get ya on the next go 'round.
Bummer..... But congrats!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #12
vssman will become famous soon enoughvssman will become famous soon enough
vssman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
The mounting plates utilize the same locations the hitch does and my bumper is a higher clearance/smaller design than the factory- There would be about a 2" gap under my bumper to the factory hitch.
Great! I wanted to make sure the bumper didn't hit the receiver. Looks like a bumper will be in my future. Not this group buy but soon...
Old 04-18-2014, 12:32 AM   #13
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Officially ordered

I'm assuming the aux light cutout option is for 4" round fogs.

Wait time still ~3-4 weeks or so?
Old 04-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Officially ordered

I'm assuming the aux light cutout option is for 4" round fogs.

Wait time still ~3-4 weeks or so?
Yeah the round fog cutout is for the 4" lights, aluminum bumpers you can actually squeeze closer to 4 1/2" lights.
I'm putting up that estimate to be safe, however you may see tracking sooner than quoted. We're shipping as fast as possible on all these
PS- noticed the City on your address.. thinking of heading to that area next month for GF's B-day. If there's any specific must see or go-to's shoot me a PM if you dont mind. We've never been down to that area
Old 04-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #15
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Missed this the other day - pm sent
Old 04-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #16
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
No DIY kits for the 05+ rear high clearance bumpers?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #17

Quote:
Missed this the other day - pm sent
Thanks! PMed back
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
No DIY kits for the 05+ rear high clearance bumpers?
Sorry MJ. That's one of the few bumpers I dont sell as a DIY.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #18
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Sorry MJ. That's one of the few bumpers I dont sell as a DIY.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:38 AM   #19
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man I've wanted a set of sliders from you guys for ages but I won't have cash until summer... this sale twists the knife even more