1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ADVANCE AUTO PARTS - $40 OFF

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by dalesrn, May 12, 2014.

1. May 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma PreRunner DC with TSS Package
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. May 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM
    95 taco

95 taco Battle Born

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 4x4 TRD SR5 auto
    OME 883 front, OMD 3.5" rear, Relentless front bumper, smittybilt 9.5K winch
    Dang, I wish I would've waited to order my Scangauge now.

3. May 12, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    pauln

pauln Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Northern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB SR5 4WD
    Thanks to the OP for posting this. These codes tend to appear and then expire and then appear again ... and again and again. A quick search of dealnews.com or slickdeals.net will usually bring up the latest iteration => http://dealnews.com/search.html?search=advance+auto

Note that they normally exclude motor oil. From your link: "Excludes select items and categories: air chucks, couplers and blow guns, air compressors, air hammers, commercial tools and equipment, electrical tools and testers, engine hoists/stands, floor jacks, generators, Hot Items, hydraulic fluid and motor oil." Of course, the next line says motor oil must be picked up in the store, but I suspect that is just boilerplate used for all the codes.

Nobody goes directly to the store to purchase anything anymore. You have to hunt for the online discount codes first, then buy what you want online (using the code) for pickup at your selected store and THEN go to the store to pick it up. The "good" codes like you posted never seem to be prominent on the advance auto website - I guess they are banking on those who don't work the web or have to have something "right now" to come into the store and pay full retail.

I just ran into this with my 85 year old dad (yah - I am old too - almost 58, lol). His 2005 Ford Focus needed front pads and rotors. We went online at advance to look them up - $110. He said, "let's go buy them." I said, nooooo - we have to look for a code first. Found a $30 off $100 or more and they became $80. If he had not talked to me, he would have paid $110 for them - crazy!

4. May 12, 2014 at 7:22 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn [OP] Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma PreRunner DC with TSS Package
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    You are probably right about the motor oil. Guess we can use it to buy a battery or detailing supplies.

5. May 13, 2014 at 4:48 AM
    Enigmaaron

Enigmaaron All your soul are belong to us

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    1st gen superiority
    Just used a code last week at advance auto and it did exclude motor oil which had to be picked up in store (windshield washer fluid too oddly). But, it did work on gear oil which could be shipped. And being the much more expensive oil I wasn't complaining.

6. May 30, 2014 at 5:20 PM
    doughboy

doughboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    norcal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    hid head lights, hid fog lights, always on fog lights, bed lights
    just ordered 9 bottles of mobil 1 gear oil (will use 3 to change rear only next time) and 2 tubes of mobil 1 grease to get the free shipping. good deal. thanks for sharing the code.

7. Jun 13, 2014 at 6:56 AM
    CaptJustin

CaptJustin Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Ft Lauderdale
    Vehicle:
    4X4 TACO
    Original Owner: :3" Pro-comp level: :HID: :AllPro Pack Rack: :OKLED CREE Lights:
  8. Jul 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    Just used this to get all the gear oil for the Rear and Front diff, transfer case, washer fluid, laucas fuel additive etc. $101 went to $61…great! Picking up around the corner soon.

9. Jul 22, 2014 at 5:45 PM
    mattygaff

mattygaff Beat em

Member:
    Thanks for posting this! I'm doing my 90k maintenance this weekend, and this helped a lot.

10. Aug 22, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    1993t100

1993t100 I’m good looking and I drive a Jeep.

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Sexy
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Thanks for posting. Need to order myself a bigger battery, this will help!

11. Dec 2, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    MachTac

MachTac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kody
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Storm Trooper in boot camp
    2'' Spacer Lift 15% Tint Thrush Turbo Muffler It's All About That Bass STICKERS!
    Will be buying gear oil. Thanks OP

Products Discussed in

To Top