Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

ADVANCE AUTO PARTS - $40 OFF

Old 05-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Dang, I wish I would've waited to order my Scangauge now.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #3
pauln is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul from Ohio
pauln's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to the OP for posting this. These codes tend to appear and then expire and then appear again ... and again and again. A quick search of dealnews.com or slickdeals.net will usually bring up the latest iteration => http://dealnews.com/search.html?search=advance+auto

Note that they normally exclude motor oil. From your link: "Excludes select items and categories: air chucks, couplers and blow guns, air compressors, air hammers, commercial tools and equipment, electrical tools and testers, engine hoists/stands, floor jacks, generators, Hot Items, hydraulic fluid and motor oil." Of course, the next line says motor oil must be picked up in the store, but I suspect that is just boilerplate used for all the codes.

Nobody goes directly to the store to purchase anything anymore. You have to hunt for the online discount codes first, then buy what you want online (using the code) for pickup at your selected store and THEN go to the store to pick it up. The "good" codes like you posted never seem to be prominent on the advance auto website - I guess they are banking on those who don't work the web or have to have something "right now" to come into the store and pay full retail.

I just ran into this with my 85 year old dad (yah - I am old too - almost 58, lol). His 2005 Ford Focus needed front pads and rotors. We went online at advance to look them up - $110. He said, "let's go buy them." I said, nooooo - we have to look for a code first. Found a $30 off $100 or more and they became $80. If he had not talked to me, he would have paid $110 for them - crazy!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
Tacoma TSS
dalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the sheddalesrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dale
dalesrn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauln View Post
Thanks to the OP for posting this. These codes tend to appear and then expire and then appear again ... and again and again. A quick search of dealnews.com or slickdeals.net will usually bring up the latest iteration => http://dealnews.com/search.html?search=advance+auto

Note that they normally exclude motor oil. From your link: "Excludes select items and categories: air chucks, couplers and blow guns, air compressors, air hammers, commercial tools and equipment, electrical tools and testers, engine hoists/stands, floor jacks, generators, Hot Items, hydraulic fluid and motor oil." Of course, the next line says motor oil must be picked up in the store, but I suspect that is just boilerplate used for all the codes.

Nobody goes directly to the store to purchase anything anymore. You have to hunt for the online discount codes first, then buy what you want online (using the code) for pickup at your selected store and THEN go to the store to pick it up. The "good" codes like you posted never seem to be prominent on the advance auto website - I guess they are banking on those who don't work the web or have to have something "right now" to come into the store and pay full retail.

I just ran into this with my 85 year old dad (yah - I am old too - almost 58, lol). His 2005 Ford Focus needed front pads and rotors. We went online at advance to look them up - $110. He said, "let's go buy them." I said, nooooo - we have to look for a code first. Found a $30 off $100 or more and they became $80. If he had not talked to me, he would have paid $110 for them - crazy!
You are probably right about the motor oil. Guess we can use it to buy a battery or detailing supplies.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:48 AM   #5
All your soul are belong to us
Enigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnigmaaron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Enigmaaron's Tacoma Gallery
Just used a code last week at advance auto and it did exclude motor oil which had to be picked up in store (windshield washer fluid too oddly). But, it did work on gear oil which could be shipped. And being the much more expensive oil I wasn't complaining.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
doughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddoughboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
doughboy's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered 9 bottles of mobil 1 gear oil (will use 3 to change rear only next time) and 2 tubes of mobil 1 grease to get the free shipping. good deal. thanks for sharing the code.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #7
CaptJustin is on a distinguished road
Navy: QM2
Name: Justin
CaptJustin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesrn View Post
Found this great offer from Advance Auto Parts

We all need oil for our Tacomas!
Just did an order online for 10 qts...
Oil is unfortunately exempt from the coupon code...
Old 07-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesrn View Post
Found this great offer from Advance Auto Parts

We all need oil for our Tacomas!
Just used this to get all the gear oil for the Rear and Front diff, transfer case, washer fluid, laucas fuel additive etc. $101 went to $61…great! Picking up around the corner soon.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Beat em
mattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattygaff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mattygaff's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting this! I'm doing my 90k maintenance this weekend, and this helped a lot.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #10
Don't Do Meth
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting. Need to order myself a bigger battery, this will help!