Notices

Hi-Lift Jack

Old 07-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
IPAsearcher is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
IPAsearcher's Tacoma Gallery
Hi-Lift Jack

Hello all,

I wanted to know where to get a hi-lift jack. Any suggestions or is Amazon the best price?

Thanks fellas!
Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Amazon is good, as is northern tool, and Harbor Freight has their own Chinese built version...
Old 07-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor Freight is your best bang for the buck. Good harbor freight floor jack coupon before you buy:

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...t?q=floor+jack
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 PM   #4
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Got mine at Northern Tool.....it was cheaper than what 4 Wheel Parts had it for.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
IPAsearcher is on a distinguished road
IPAsearcher's Tacoma Gallery
Do you know if this is resistant to rust? I would be hanging it out to deal with the elements and would not want it to rust on me when I would need it for an emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco View Post
Harbor Freight is your best bang for the buck. Good harbor freight floor jack coupon before you buy:

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...t?q=floor+jack
Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
It rusts if you use it eventually. Where I messed up was not knowing how to use the jack when I bought it. I would take a few minutes and watch a youtube vid just to get familiar with it, it would have saved me some smashed fingers.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:06 AM   #7
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is 30 years old, currently lives bolted to the bed, when it dies, I have a spare one ready to go. They also sell a cozy to keep the mechanism dry...

Howard
Old 07-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #8
LikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLikeABoss4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
LikeABoss4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a good article at off-road.com about servicing your Hi-Lift:

http://www.off-road.com/diesel/tech/...ild-53533.html

We carry Hi-Lifts and other brands. The best deal we have right now is for a TJM Jack with bag and handle isolator for $57.29 plus shipping after the 10% TW discount (use code TW10).

We used one of these jacks to change a trailer tire with my Tacoma still on it on the way to a trade show last year. We definitely exceeded the weight rating, but it held great! lol
Old 07-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #9
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
support small 4x4 shops that support the community not Amazon that kills them.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #10
MikeyBaja has a spectacular aura aboutMikeyBaja has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mikey
MikeyBaja's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the TJM jack, not many reviews on it, but it seems mildly discredited in the 4x4 community because of the weight rating as 2,500lbs. Which does not makes sense to me, considering a tacoma is atleast in the 4,000lb range and it's a small truck compared to others that would intend to use a hi/lift jack.

But I've seen videos of TJM jacks working great, and personally I admire Australian products. I'm really thinking 2,500 was lost in translation. The company would use the metric system, so if the weight rating was 2,500kg, that'd make way more sense , being in the 5,500 lbs rating, more in sync with a trucks curb weight, and with the hi/lift brands weight rating on their jack.

Curious what anyone else thinks about this, or testimonials of the TJM jack. The price is deceiving on most sites because the shipping is atleast $30 making it in the $90 range. I just really dig the bag and handle carrier in one package. Won't mount it right away, so I like the protection.

But damn amazons prices are so tempting. Like $71 shipped for a "48 jack. Pretty hard to pass up
Old 07-16-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine at Tractor Supply. 7000 lb rating.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
MikeyBaja has a spectacular aura aboutMikeyBaja has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mikey
MikeyBaja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
I bought mine at Tractor Supply. 7000 lb rating.

Reese Farm Jack, right? These look good. Tractor supply around the corner, might have to go that route. thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #13
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBaja View Post
Reese Farm Jack, right? These look good. Tractor supply around the corner, might have to go that route. thanks
That's the one I have. It lives on my bed rack in the weather with no cover. Works like a champ every time I've pulled it off to use it on something.

They also sell hi-lift there.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
48" jacks will not be tall enough for the rear in most cases. Even with stock shocks I could barley get my tires off the ground. In the woods on an uneven surface...forget it. I ended up buying a 60" bar and swapping it out.