Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

RAAMaudio Sound Deadener - TW Discount

Old 02-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
RAAMaudio Sound Deadener - TW Discount

Also posted in the AV section...

I spoke with Rick at RAAMaudio www.raamaudio.com and I wanted to pass the word along to everyone. If you contact him and mention Tacoma World, you will get a discount on his products.

RAAMmat BXT $99/roll
Ensolite Foam 9.95/yard (3 yards per roll of BXT)
Adhesive for foam $6.95/can (1 can per 2.5 - 3 yards)

This seems to be the best product for the money.

I haven't done my truck yet, but this is definitely on my short list (which is surprisingly long) of things to do. I think that my double cab could probably be done for about $500.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Did you ever do this? I have been talking to Rick for a while. I hope that I can get this done with Tax money...
Old 03-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Does Rick know how much sound deadener each style of truck needs?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, cost IS an issue. Is there a cheaper way to get "good" sound deadening? Stuff your doors with cotton or insulation? I have a rattle in my back doors of the access cab, so I don't have to worry about the window not rolling down. Would heavier-duty bubble-wrap be a good alternative? "Splain Lucy"
Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
There's probably some corners you can cut, but I don't know them.
With cotton or insulation, think of mold due to moisture.
People have tried the tar paper you put on roofs, but it's either been VERY smelly, peels, or has other problems.

I have been told that you usually don't need as much as you'd think. People around here like to completely blanket the vehicle, sometimes with multiple layers, and that's really not necessary because you are pushing past the point of what you are going to gain.

It's been recommended to me to start with 1 roll BXT, 3 yards of Ensolite, 1 can adhesive. This should be enough to do the front doors and possibly have some material left over. Using the prices above, that's roughly $135, which is easier to swallow and gets things moving in the right direction. From there, I can evaluate any more needs. Remember, it's not an all or nothing application, try buying a bit at a time as you find necessary.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cotton in doors..........................I can just imagine the smell from rain,moisture,etc......................
Old 11-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #7

..............good shit man!
Old 12-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #8
seareef will become famous soon enough

Name: Ron
seareef's Tacoma Gallery
Q-pads found at auto paint stores
Old 01-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
You should ask Rick, but I'm pretty sure it's a yes.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
Scott78 is on a distinguished road

Name: Scott
Scott78's Tacoma Gallery
37.5 Sq/Ft is only 89.96 now on the website, it's BTX II though, I don't see BTX listed. Check with him about the discount off that and post it for the rest of us.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #12
ryanrocket is on a distinguished road

Name: Rocket
ryanrocket's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be big with IASCA and do sound quality events. I used plastic roof cement on ever panel. It's like thick tar you smear around and let dry for 24 hours. A bucket will set you back @ $20 bucks and do more then one truck. The negative is the smell that last a couple of days.

Before you say no way or whatever try it and you'll see why I had so many trophy's.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
i deal with a company shok industries that has recently brought out a new line of deadner rated at 70mil, and each package comes with 40sq ft. My entire truck is deadned and its amazing how quite and solid the truck feels and sounds now. ill see what i can get for prices on bulk/ group orders
Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
Russtoy is on a distinguished road
Army: 1st Armor Division
Name: Russel
Russtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by manethon View Post
i deal with a company shok industries that has recently brought out a new line of deadner rated at 70mil, and each package comes with 40sq ft. My entire truck is deadned and its amazing how quite and solid the truck feels and sounds now. ill see what i can get for prices on bulk/ group orders
Have you gotten any bulk prices yet? Thanks for looking into this for us!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #15
manethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant futuremanethon has a brilliant future
manethon's Tacoma Gallery
should have something by 2morrow.
I dont want to step on the OP's toes so ill post it in a new thread per say