Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Shopping > Deals & Coupons

Notices

How to save $ at Home Depot

Old 06-26-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
TOYWERX Grill Sargent
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up How to save $ at Home Depot

First things first.
If you have a military ID you WILL receive 10% OFF up to a total discount of $500.00 for your purchase.
Just present it at the checkout register.
If you are buying more than $5000.00 worth of stuff then split it into 2 transactions....

But more importantly....
If you are doing a Home Improvement project and plan on spending more than $2500.00 on a single purchase then this is information you need:

The Home Depot started a Pilot program almost a decade ago that has become standard now in every store. It is known as the "Pro Desk".
Usually located by the Lumber entrance/exit at each store, these desks are staffed with associates who's main job is to service Professional customers.
One of the tools created for these desks during the development of the Pro Programs was known as the "Bid Room".
Initially it was designed to secure bid pricing for large purchases (over 20K)& was a tedious manual process.
In recent years Home Depot has made some serious IT upgrades and streamlined the process. They have also changed the name to: "The Volume Pricing Program" (VPP)
Now in order to qualify for the VPP you have to be purchasing over $2500.00 worth of product.
This does not include delivery fees, install fees, or tax.
Some exceptions to this would be appliances & kitchen cabinets as there are specific discount programs for those products.
In order to take advantage of this program you need to have the products you wish to purchase written up on a HD "Customer Agreement" or Quote AT THE PRO DESK, BY A PRO DESK ASSOCIATE.
The associate will then submit your quote through the internal system to a group in Atlanta.
9 times out of 10 if you are just purchasing "in-stock" material your discount price will be returned to the store within 30 seconds.
If you have some sort of special order product the quote may be sent out to the Vendor to negotiate a better cost due to the size of the order & that may take a bit longer.
Here is the bottom line:
If your going to be doing a Home Improvement Project, and your going to spend over $2500.00, go to the Pro Desk & ask that they submit your order to the VPP.
Contractor or not, they are the ones that do it.

Q - What's the Discount?

A - Well that depends on the product! Obviously there is not as much profit in lumber $& Drywall as there is in fasteners & lightbulbs.
It really depends on the project/product you are purchasing.

I can say this though...
If I were a military guy buying $5000 worth of stuff I'd most likely get a better discount using the VPP then my Military discount!
Give it a shot!
Remember this too:
Home Depot originated the 10% price guarantee!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
when i was doing construction id always basically name my price for roofing jobs. One time i bought roofing materials and told them i wanted 10% and i wanted a spare bostich nailer thrown in and they gave one to me!!!

That was lowes
Old 06-27-2010, 04:20 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Yes been using this at my Home Depot for awhile, very nice
Old 07-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Some good info man, I will try this when I buy my vinyl fence later this month!
Old 07-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #7
2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2003RC51 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
2003RC51's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have military id so all I do is head to USPS and get 5 or so address change packets that have the 10% off lowes coupon in them and use that at either The Depot or Lowes. When I run out, I just go get some more packets.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:21 PM   #8
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003RC51 View Post
I don't have military id so all I do is head to USPS and get 5 or so address change packets that have the 10% off lowes coupon in them and use that at either The Depot or Lowes. When I run out, I just go get some more packets.
Ha ha, I do this too
Old 07-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #10
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
I just go to Lowe's and save money.....................I avoid the H D at all costs..............hate that place.............poor service among other things.........(having 15-25 illegals swarm my truck every time I leave)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSiw0UQeW_g
Old 07-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
This is good to know...I'm looking at buying some new appliances next month for the house I'm buying and then by next summer I'll be building a deck and/or Florida room.
My buddy likes to kick dents into the floor models, and get the "scratch & dent" price. I don't recommend this practice.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #13
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy who worked for Lowes told me to order custom paint, then never pick it up then to go back a few days later and I'd find it on a rack with other returned paint for a fraction of the cost.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #14
ntinhri is on a distinguished road

ntinhri's Tacoma Gallery
Lowes offers QSP (volume discounting), same program HD offers, In fact we had is first. HD is trying to be like Lowe's since we were kicking their ars! Typically we wont limit your 10% off either.. show your military ID and bam 10% off...
Old 09-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #16
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I think us regular joes should get 10% for paying taxes so the military can waste it overseas. Did I say that out loud?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
I think us regular joes should get 10% for paying taxes so the military can waste it overseas. Did I say that out loud?
LOL
I don't think most of the troops waste it. If anything, it's the ridiculous fees that the equipment manufacturers and those types charge for making the items the troops use!