Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

2012 Tacoma bumper

Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma bumper

With a few minor mods our 2005-2011 bumpers fit the 2012 Tacoma's.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of minor mods? To your bumper or the truck?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
You have my attention.............
Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
Big ass gap between the bumper and grille surround... ??? I'm all about shit being flush... Iono bout this

Edit: don't get me wrong it looks bad ass on the 12 front end. Subed to see what people think
Old 02-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrinch View Post
Big ass gap between the bumper and grille surround... ??? I'm all about shit being flush... Iono bout this

I second this, does the pic represent what is considered "fit"? Because it doesn't quite fit. I assume the bumper needs some tweeking because the mounting has not changed, as far as I can tell
Old 02-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalduckslayer View Post
I second this, does the pic represent what is considered "fit"? Because it doesn't quite fit. I assume the bumper needs some tweeking because the mounting has not changed, as far as I can tell
IMHO as a potential customer in the target market, say I had a '12, I'd want something fabed to fit, not alter a previous gens to make it 'fit'. I'm not baggin on the product, rhe bumpers are sick and have heard nothing but good, but to spend that much money on something not fabed to fit the new body style is obsurd.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
IMHO as a potential customer in the target market, say I had a '12, I'd want something fabed to fit, not alter a previous gens to make it 'fit'. I'm not baggin on the product, rhe bumpers are sick and have heard nothing but good, but to spend that much money on something not fabed to fit the new body style is obsurd.

We were all ready to change the bumper, but when we bolted one up we thought it look better than the previous generations with the same bumper.

This picture shows a better angle but this is before we fixed the gap on the pieces under the lights.

We can do anther bumper that fills that gap, we just thought it look better with that little space in there. It's only about 1in and it does show up in the pictures worse than in person. It might be because I used a flash in the pictures it's highlighting the area behind the bumper.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbturner47 View Post
What kind of minor mods? To your bumper or the truck?
We had to remove and trim some of the pieces that hold the plastic bumper in place.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #9
Cheese Head.

That pic does look better. And doesn't show it as much or look as bad. But hey I got a 07, so don't mind me. Unless u wanna throw a free bumper my way
Old 02-27-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Seems like it would be relatively easy to fill the gap, I would certainly like to see that done. Additionally along the area below the headlights appears to not run parallel, do the 12's not run straight thru in that area? Have you mounted a winch inside the bumper yet? the nose changed enough to make it a tight squeeze in there, especially with the tubing that comes from the radiator.

Sorry for so many questions, its just that this is pretty damn exciting to think we are getting close to having a bumper option
Old 02-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #11
Quote:
That pic does look better. And doesn't show it as much or look as bad. But hey I got a 07, so don't mind me. Unless u wanna throw a free bumper my way
Like I said it actually looks good in person. We were all ready to modify it but I thought it looked better. Oh and you haven't gotten your free bumper yet?

Quote:
Seems like it would be relatively easy to fill the gap, I would certainly like to see that done. Additionally along the area below the headlights appears to not run parallel, do the 12's not run straight thru in that area? Have you mounted a winch inside the bumper yet? the nose changed enough to make it a tight squeeze in there, especially with the tubing that comes from the radiator.

Sorry for so many questions, its just that this is pretty damn exciting to think we are getting close to having a bumper option
The area below the headlights just needed adjusted. Those piece clip onto a metal piece behind the bumper and we had to bend them up which tucked them up where they were supposed to be. I'd take anther picture but it's dark now.

We can still fill that area in, it wouldn't be that hard just thought it looked better open.

We have not tried to mount a winch but I'm pretty sure it would fit fine. The space looks like the same as the older Tacoma.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
Cheese Head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEMELLO View Post
Like I said it actually looks good in person. We were all ready to modify it but I thought it looked better. Oh and you haven't gotten your free bumper yet?
uhm no... was i supposed to... just let me know when and ill give teh adress in which to ship, and ill even cover the cost of shipping if ya want. just to help out
Old 02-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
Quote:
uhm no... was i supposed to... just let me know when and ill give teh adress in which to ship, and ill even cover the cost of shipping if ya want. just to help out
Must have got lost in the mail
Old 02-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #14
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Seems like what you need is a test fit truck that you can hang onto for a week or two to get everything fine tuned. I just so happen to have one and live pretty close. I'd be happy to drop mine off with you for a couple weeks so you can get the bugs worked out. I'd even supply the material if it would help, I have tons here at my shop. I'll take care of the powdercoat too. Sound like a good deal? You could be the first shop with a bumper for the 2012's

Never hurts to ask.........
Old 02-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
drsus is on a distinguished road

drsus's Tacoma Gallery
its a nice looking bumper...it just doesn't look like a piece meant to go on this particular front end as it sits on this picture, lots of off gaps and spaces.....maybe the angle of the shot?
Old 03-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Seems like what you need is a test fit truck that you can hang onto for a week or two to get everything fine tuned. I just so happen to have one and live pretty close. I'd be happy to drop mine off with you for a couple weeks so you can get the bugs worked out. I'd even supply the material if it would help, I have tons here at my shop. I'll take care of the powdercoat too. Sound like a good deal? You could be the first shop with a bumper for the 2012's

Never hurts to ask.........
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
big sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shedbig sky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
big sky's Tacoma Gallery
also looking for a 12 bumper
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #19
Nick82 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Nick
Nick82's Tacoma Gallery
99 Tacoma bumper fit a 12 ??

I just lost my 99 Tacoma due to the rust recall. I had an ARB bumper on it for two years so I took it off before I left my truck at the dealership. I am now waiting for the adjuster to call. I think I have decided to buy a new 2012 Tacoma double cab. Does anyone know if my bumper from my 99 will fit the frame of the 12. As far as the top gap, I can fix that by welding a top plate onto the bumper. I had also already planed on having it sprayed with xtream liner to give it a clean new look. Also has anyone had their truck bought back by Toyota, if so will they give any extra rebates toward the purchase of a new truck? Thanks in advance Nick
Old 03-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #20
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

99 to 12? Seems like quite a gap. Chances of fitment are really slim