Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

Horrible service - Furious customer (resolved)

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #121
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Demello is becoming the next All Pro is becoming the next Engage is becoming the next Batch Racing is becoming the next previous internet hated company because people are bored and popcorn

Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #122
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
because people are bored and popcorn
Nuff said,

and sigged

Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #123
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #124
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
There's like 3 of us who have an ARB. That's not everyone.

Who needs recovery points when I have a winch and a tow hook that could pull a dump truck?

And I can use my winch just fine ya whiner! Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

I just love my ARB.
I find it hard to reach the winch clutch lever through ARB's. They look damn cool, no doubt. Just played out around these parts IMO.

Went with Demello to be a little more unique and because it looks angry. All this bull will make it much sweeter when I get it..

Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #125
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I find it hard to reach the winch clutch lever through ARB's. They look damn cool, no doubt. Just played out around these parts IMO.

Went with Demello to be a little more unique and because it looks angry. All this bull will make it much sweeter when I get it..
Until you tag a tree and bend it..than you'll really be angry

Old 05-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #126
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I don't usually go fast enough Hahah..trails around here area tight and twisty.

Saying that doesn't make me feel better.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #127
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
I don't usually go fast enough Hahah..trails around here area tight and twisty.

Saying that doesn't make me feel better.

JK Tom, I love you <3

Old 05-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #129
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Shut up pineapple.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #131
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
facts is facts..the OP states 4 months and a handfull of days..not 3 months
Well, if we are discussing facts, OP actually said he ordered and paid at the beginning of February...today is May 15...doing the math...carry the zero...that's only 3-1/2 months not 4. Yup, facts are facts.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #132
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #133
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
Well, if we are discussing facts, OP actually said he ordered and paid at the beginning of February...today is May 15...doing the math...carry the zero...that's only 3-1/2 months not 4. Yup, facts are facts.

It was ordered earlier than that, but I can't recall the exact dates or find record of it. But I know for sure when it was paid for. I'm going by that date.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #134
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboards32 View Post
Quote:
It was ordered earlier than that, but I can't recall the exact dates or find record of it. But I know for sure when it was paid for. I'm going by that date.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #135
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , you said your bumper is now in Calgary , is it being held pending the payment of brokerage / GST ?

How much did the brokerage cost ? $200?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #136
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everyone has. No recovery points. PITA to use winch. We've been over this!
The ARB's do have recovery points. You just have to order a set of backing plates and shackles and attach the backing plates to the bumper.

I still don't understand why people are demanding Demello come on TW and make some formal apology. Did the OP's mishap with them directly hurt your butt? I mean come the fuck on with all these people bashing DO for the *one* (only time I have seen) bad thread about them. Have you heard of AllPro? Some people of this forum seem to think really highly of themselves.

OP I am glad you got everything resolved. I would be mad as shit too regardless of what company I was dealing with. Jason is a stand up guy and like acordin said it is a small business. Shit happens but unfortunately for you, you got the shit end of the stick. You are gonna love your bumper though!

Old 05-15-2012, 08:17 AM   #137
BroBraBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP , you said your bumper is now in Calgary , is it being held pending the payment of brokerage / GST ?

How much did the brokerage cost ? $200?
Awaiting a call from ups.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #138
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
The ARB's do have recovery points. You just have to order a set of backing plates and shackles and attach the backing plates to the bumper.

I still don't understand why people are demanding Demello come on TW and make some formal apology. Did the OP's mishap with them directly hurt your butt? I mean come the fuck on with all these people bashing DO for the *one* (only time I have seen) bad thread about them. Have you heard of AllPro? Some people of this forum seem to think really highly of themselves.

OP I am glad you got everything resolved. I would be mad as shit too regardless of what company I was dealing with. Jason is a stand up guy and like acordin said it is a small business. Shit happens but unfortunately for you, you got the shit end of the stick. You

are gonna love your bumper though!
Maybe TW wants closure to this ordeal lol..maybe they want to hear from the man himself that was indeed an isolated incidence and what steps if any were taking to correct such mistakes..but for the lying to the customer, should not be any excuses for that. This is not the first time for demello either, do some research. They have dropped the ball more then once. But like you stated, they are a small business ...shit is gonna happen.

You should ask SDHQ about the "Uber FJ".

Old 05-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #139
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ordered a 3 hoop Tacoma front bumper in mid February. I ordered the bumper online. I waited about a week. No response from Demello. I called, they had received my order, and the bumper was to be made asap. Got an invoice on Feb 22, 2012 for a little over $1,380 USD. I Pay this immediately. The bumper is paid for mid Feb.

I wait a month, not hearing from them. I give Demello a call, they say the bumper is being made as we speak and should be shipped very soon.

I wait another month. I call again in mid April. I am told they are waiting for the bumper to come back from the guys that do the "plate work". So basically the bumper is not even close to being finished 2 months after they are paid. I am told the bumper will be at my door in 2-3 weeks.

I call again in 3 weeks. I am told the bumper is finally finished and ready to be shipped! "It is being shipped with our freight company today" I am told by Demelo staff. Yay! This is about 3 weeks ago from today.

I stil have not received the bumper. So I call today, AGAIN. I am told "the bumper will be shipped today with our freight company."

Wait.....what? I was told it was shipped 3 weeks ago. And today I am fed the same story? This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS. So I tell the girl I am speaking with(will not mention names), that I was told this exact story weeks ago. Wtf is up? She says she's sorry. I told her I've been waiting for this bumper for 4 months now and I have to keep calling back and "checking up" on progress on my $1300 investment. I am sick of it.

I get a call about 2 hours later from Demello Offroad, and I am now told, 4 months after purchasing this bumper, that it will cost EXTRA to ship it. Upwards of $200 extra. I was told the lead time on this bumper would be about a month. Until I had it in my hands.

I was blantantly lied to over the phone by Demello offroad on more than one occasion. I just want this bumper. I am being fed bullshit stories every time I call. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable by any standards. Especially for such an expensive product. I have never been treated with such disrespect by any company I have ever dealt with. I have been nothing but polite and cooperative. Yet I have to chase them around to get the show on the road with this bumper. Either I want the truth about what is really going on, and some sort of proof that this bumper will be on its way VERY soon. Or I want a full refund and I will take my hard earned money elsewhere.

TL;DR-Waited 4 months so far and the bumper has not even been shipped.
Spoonman,

Let me first say that I am sorry. We've had some staff changes and some duties changing hands here that put us in a bind with some of our products as well as record setting first quarter.

Were not making excuses for what should have been shipped out months ago and again were sorry for that. Just trying to explain a little what happen on our end.

Tiffany has taken over for Jessica in the front office and she has made it her personal goal to get all orders filled ASAP and make sure no one waits like this again.

And as I stated on the phone we will be covering the extra charges for shipping and the bumper has shipped.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #140
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Maybe TW wants closure to this ordeal lol..maybe they want to hear from the man himself that was indeed an isolated incidence and what steps if any were taking to correct such mistakes..but for the lying to the customer, should not be any excuses for that. This is not the first time for demello either, do some research. They have dropped the ball more then once. But like you stated, they are a small business ...shit is gonna happen.

You should ask SDHQ about the "Uber FJ".
No doubt lying to the customer is inexcusable and like I said, I would be mad as hell too. I just can't wrap my head around why some of the people on this forum feel so entitled that's all.

And fair enough. This is just the first time I have heard bad things about them.

Closed Thread