1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Horrible service - Furious customer (resolved)

Discussion in 'Demello Offroad' started by Spoonman, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 9, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman [OP] Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    I ordered a 3 hoop Tacoma front bumper in mid February. I ordered the bumper online. I waited about a week. No response from Demello. I called, they had received my order, and the bumper was to be made asap. Got an invoice on Feb 22, 2012 for a little over $1,380 USD. I Pay this immediately. The bumper is paid for mid Feb.

I wait a month, not hearing from them. I give Demello a call, they say the bumper is being made as we speak and should be shipped very soon.

I wait another month. I call again in mid April. I am told they are waiting for the bumper to come back from the guys that do the "plate work". So basically the bumper is not even close to being finished 2 months after they are paid. I am told the bumper will be at my door in 2-3 weeks.

I call again in 3 weeks. I am told the bumper is finally finished and ready to be shipped! "It is being shipped with our freight company today" I am told by Demelo staff. Yay! This is about 3 weeks ago from today.

I stil have not received the bumper. So I call today, AGAIN. I am told "the bumper will be shipped today with our freight company."

Wait.....what? I was told it was shipped 3 weeks ago. And today I am fed the same story? This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS. So I tell the girl I am speaking with(will not mention names), that I was told this exact story weeks ago. Wtf is up? She says she's sorry. I told her I've been waiting for this bumper for 4 months now and I have to keep calling back and "checking up" on progress on my $1300 investment. I am sick of it.

I get a call about 2 hours later from Demello Offroad, and I am now told, 4 months after purchasing this bumper, that it will cost EXTRA to ship it. Upwards of $200 extra. I was told the lead time on this bumper would be about a month. Until I had it in my hands.

I was blantantly lied to over the phone by Demello offroad on more than one occasion. I just want this bumper. I am being fed bullshit stories every time I call. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable by any standards. Especially for such an expensive product. I have never been treated with such disrespect by any company I have ever dealt with. I have been nothing but polite and cooperative. Yet I have to chase them around to get the show on the road with this bumper. Either I want the truth about what is really going on, and some sort of proof that this bumper will be on its way VERY soon. Or I want a full refund and I will take my hard earned money elsewhere.

TL;DR-Waited 4 months so far and the bumper has not even been shipped.

TacoPoke56 likes this.
  2. May 9, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    tacoftw

tacoftw 5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously

Member:
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab 4x4
    5100s, camburg arms, toytec AAL, 285s on m/t 17x9
    Wow...definitely won't be buying from them

I can't stand being lied to like that. it would be one thing to say up front "hey it'll be 4 months" but to keep feeding you bullshit is just ridiculous

3. May 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    brettb

brettb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '99 Tacoma
    Definitely will not be doing business with them!

4. May 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  5. May 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    There we go...

6. May 9, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    TrdSurgie

TrdSurgie revised

Member:
    Oahu
    Sucks. Deceptive business practice. Honesty goes along way.

7. May 9, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Say you want free shipping for waiting so long, or a refund. Shipping cost should have been advertised before you paid for the bumper. And if they lead time is going to be three months longer then they said ahead of time, they should at least have the ability to let you know.

I am not for bad talking vendors on here, but that is a really shitty experience.

8. May 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    My thoughts exactly.

9. May 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    That's BS! I would demand a full refund and pick up a bumper from somewhere else.

10. May 9, 2012 at 11:17 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    Sorry about your experience, OP. I've heard good stuff about them and I love their products, but news like this is unfortunate when it could be prevented. Since they are a vendor here, maybe they will chime in. It only takes a couple bad experiences to taint a vendor's reputation enough to hit them where it counts, especially on a forum such as this.

Hopefully, this will get resolved in your favor soon. Keep us updated please.

11. May 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    acmair

acmair Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    '10 BSP PreRunner Dbl Cab Short Bed SR5
  12. May 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    This happened with another armor vendor on here recently, and I just felt shitty because it always nothing but good things to say about the vendor, and one bad experience can change so many opinions faster then it should.

I have always heard great things about demello and I know jason works hard to make sure his business runs smooth.

13. May 9, 2012 at 11:23 PM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    Wow. I am glad I got my elite. I was kept in the loop on when it was going to be started and when it was finished. It even arrived 2 days prior to when I was expecting it.

14. May 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    rleeharris

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    This is why the key to great customer service always starts and ends with positive communication. Communicate early and often, and complaints like this--even when errors are made--can be turned into compliments and profit.

What say you, Demello?

TACO PICANTE likes this.
  15. May 9, 2012 at 11:29 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    thats a bunch of bull shit. I'd be demanding a full refund and take my business elsewhere, just due to the shitty service, they don't deserve to make money on you whatsoever.

I'm glad you've told your story too, we have a massive group here that they will lose with that kind of service.

16. May 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM
    rleeharris

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    You're right, that kind of service is crap. But I'm still interested in hearing from Demello since this situation is now known in our forum. They've been a vendor here awhile and I can't remember hearing anything negative until now. I'd like to know exactly how they are going to rectify this for the OP.

17. May 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Damn. The icing on the cake for me is the extra $200 they want after they had said it's already been shipped.

18. May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Its a shame that businesses are operating this way...sorry for your luck man! Demand compensation!!

19. May 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    SnowroxKT

SnowroxKT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '18 T4R & '06 F250
    6" lift 40s
    Interesting, sorry ass customer "service"

20. May 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM