Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

Horrible service - Furious customer (resolved)

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Horrible service - Furious customer (resolved)

I ordered a 3 hoop Tacoma front bumper in mid February. I ordered the bumper online. I waited about a week. No response from Demello. I called, they had received my order, and the bumper was to be made asap. Got an invoice on Feb 22, 2012 for a little over $1,380 USD. I Pay this immediately. The bumper is paid for mid Feb.

I wait a month, not hearing from them. I give Demello a call, they say the bumper is being made as we speak and should be shipped very soon.

I wait another month. I call again in mid April. I am told they are waiting for the bumper to come back from the guys that do the "plate work". So basically the bumper is not even close to being finished 2 months after they are paid. I am told the bumper will be at my door in 2-3 weeks.

I call again in 3 weeks. I am told the bumper is finally finished and ready to be shipped! "It is being shipped with our freight company today" I am told by Demelo staff. Yay! This is about 3 weeks ago from today.

I stil have not received the bumper. So I call today, AGAIN. I am told "the bumper will be shipped today with our freight company."

Wait.....what? I was told it was shipped 3 weeks ago. And today I am fed the same story? This is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS. So I tell the girl I am speaking with(will not mention names), that I was told this exact story weeks ago. Wtf is up? She says she's sorry. I told her I've been waiting for this bumper for 4 months now and I have to keep calling back and "checking up" on progress on my $1300 investment. I am sick of it.

I get a call about 2 hours later from Demello Offroad, and I am now told, 4 months after purchasing this bumper, that it will cost EXTRA to ship it. Upwards of $200 extra. I was told the lead time on this bumper would be about a month. Until I had it in my hands.

I was blantantly lied to over the phone by Demello offroad on more than one occasion. I just want this bumper. I am being fed bullshit stories every time I call. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable by any standards. Especially for such an expensive product. I have never been treated with such disrespect by any company I have ever dealt with. I have been nothing but polite and cooperative. Yet I have to chase them around to get the show on the road with this bumper. Either I want the truth about what is really going on, and some sort of proof that this bumper will be on its way VERY soon. Or I want a full refund and I will take my hard earned money elsewhere.

TL;DR-Waited 4 months so far and the bumper has not even been shipped.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Wow...definitely won't be buying from them

I can't stand being lied to like that. it would be one thing to say up front "hey it'll be 4 months" but to keep feeding you bullshit is just ridiculous

Old 05-09-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely will not be doing business with them!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks. Deceptive business practice. Honesty goes along way.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Say you want free shipping for waiting so long, or a refund. Shipping cost should have been advertised before you paid for the bumper. And if they lead time is going to be three months longer then they said ahead of time, they should at least have the ability to let you know.

I am not for bad talking vendors on here, but that is a really shitty experience.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #10
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about your experience, OP. I've heard good stuff about them and I love their products, but news like this is unfortunate when it could be prevented. Since they are a vendor here, maybe they will chime in. It only takes a couple bad experiences to taint a vendor's reputation enough to hit them where it counts, especially on a forum such as this.

Hopefully, this will get resolved in your favor soon. Keep us updated please.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #11
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #12
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
This happened with another armor vendor on here recently, and I just felt shitty because it always nothing but good things to say about the vendor, and one bad experience can change so many opinions faster then it should.

I have always heard great things about demello and I know jason works hard to make sure his business runs smooth.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #13
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. I am glad I got my elite. I was kept in the loop on when it was going to be started and when it was finished. It even arrived 2 days prior to when I was expecting it.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #14
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This is why the key to great customer service always starts and ends with positive communication. Communicate early and often, and complaints like this--even when errors are made--can be turned into compliments and profit.

What say you, Demello?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #15
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
thats a bunch of bull shit. I'd be demanding a full refund and take my business elsewhere, just due to the shitty service, they don't deserve to make money on you whatsoever.

I'm glad you've told your story too, we have a massive group here that they will lose with that kind of service.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rab89 View Post
thats a bunch of bull shit. I'd be demanding a full refund and take my business elsewhere, just due to the shitty service, they don't deserve to make money on you whatsoever.

I'm glad you've told your story too, we have a massive group here that they will lose with that kind of service.
You're right, that kind of service is crap. But I'm still interested in hearing from Demello since this situation is now known in our forum. They've been a vendor here awhile and I can't remember hearing anything negative until now. I'd like to know exactly how they are going to rectify this for the OP.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #17
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Damn. The icing on the cake for me is the extra $200 they want after they had said it's already been shipped.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #18
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Its a shame that businesses are operating this way...sorry for your luck man! Demand compensation!!

Old 05-10-2012, 12:15 AM   #20
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Damn. The icing on the cake for me is the extra $200 they want after they had said it's already been shipped.
X2

Like $1300 for a bumper and waiting 3 months isn't enough

Closed Thread