Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

New Demello Addition...

Old 05-15-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
New Demello Addition...

I had the gentlemen at IPOR install my Demello Three Hoop (purchased from TRDPARTS4U) bumper w / Warn M8000 winch (Master-Pull Superline), a full OME suspension with the Dakar Leaf Springs, and Total Chaos UCA's. The truck is a 2009 DC TRD Offroad and I am running the Slee sliders.

Love the bumper and have nothing but positive things to say about Demello, picked up the truck last night from IPOR and as always...impressed by their work.

Now I just have to finish my dual battery installation this weekend.

Next up for the truck is a an ARB front air locker, re-gear, and a set of ASFIR skid plates...and just perhaps a CBI rear bumper.

My previous ride:

Cheers.

- Mark
Old 05-15-2012, 06:10 AM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, that's a lot of toys installed at the same time!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
captain.cardinal1 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: staff sgt
Name: chad
captain.cardinal1's Tacoma Gallery
Love the bumper and the rack.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Looks pretty sweet! But then again, so does your previous Toyota. I've always wanted one of those LCs. How would you compare the offroad capabilities vs. our Tacomas?
Old 05-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
fjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfjfar80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to say it but, you just can't beat a triple-locked solid axle vehicle. Having said that...unless you are climbing rocks...the Tacoma is just as good. I anticipate once I put in the front ARB, re-gear, and put on some skid plates...the Tacoma should be able to do about 90% of what I could do in the Land Cruiser. None the less, I wouldn't turn the Tacoma down a level 5 trail strewn with boulders...the IFS would probably have a heart attack...where as the Land Cruiser just kept on moving over anything you would put in front of it...granted 35's help.

At the end of the day though...it's really about the driver...I have seen some well built vehicles absolutely fail off-road because there was a driver behind the wheel with little common sense and no technical knowledge. A little thinking and a little strategy can get you through most things off-road. My philosophy is if my tires are spinning even a little...I've picked the wrong line. That philosophy serves me well and keeps vehicles in one piece.

- Mark
Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #6
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Well said, OP. Good points.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pictures.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
dirtysouthtaco is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Fire Suppresion
Name: Jason
dirtysouthtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a grocery basket on your roof?
Old 05-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #9
fjfar80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthtaco View Post
Is that a grocery basket on your roof?
Is this a serious question?

- Mark
Old 05-21-2012, 05:43 AM   #10
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Sick toyotas man! I drove around a white land cruiser like that for a few months till I traded it for my Tacoma. I kinda miss it now. They are great off road
Old 05-26-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: I was a mechanic
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the fixtures Cy made for the side wings are working . Getting those sides to place properly was a real pain for the first few batches we built. We just had the laser cutters re-do the wings themselves (to get rid of that gap on the bottom seam). Let us know how things go with driving it around and if there's any chatter or rubbing between the wings and the fenders. That fixture has knocked off some serious labor time on the bumpers.

Cy doesn't get on the forums anywhere but he's seriously an asset to the shop and an unsung hero of the fab and install side of DO. Anyone who's been to the shop for an install and has met him knows what I'm talkin about.

Glad you're happy with yer new toy! Looks great!

J. C. P.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #12
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromDEMELLO View Post
Looks like the fixtures Cy made for the side wings are working . Getting those sides to place properly was a real pain for the first few batches we built. We just had the laser cutters re-do the wings themselves (to get rid of that gap on the bottom seam). Let us know how things go with driving it around and if there's any chatter or rubbing between the wings and the fenders. That fixture has knocked off some serious labor time on the bumpers.

Cy doesn't get on the forums anywhere but he's seriously an asset to the shop and an unsung hero of the fab and install side of DO. Anyone who's been to the shop for an install and has met him knows what I'm talkin about.

Glad you're happy with yer new toy! Looks great!

J. C. P.
Can you explain this a little more? I installed the additional braces in the front and I do have some banging on the fenders. I loosened the bolts up and stood on the bumper and it seemed to give me a bit more clearance on, and for the most part has solved any banging/rubbing, but it's still very close and occasionally will make noise. Here is a picture of my truck. Still very happy with the bumper. This might be due to the fact that I have a high clearance bumper.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #13
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: I was a mechanic
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=BlackSeven;5146181]Can you explain this a little more? I installed the additional braces in the front and I do have some banging on the fenders. I loosened the bolts up and stood on the bumper and it seemed to give me a bit more clearance on, and for the most part has solved any banging/rubbing, but it's still very close and occasionally will make noise. Here is a picture of my truck. Still very happy with the bumper. This might be due to the fact that I have a high clearance bumper.[QUOTE]

Depends on when you got your bumper. The first few batches we had to test fit every bumper on another truck at the shop and tack the wings on. The side pieces that wrap around are separate pieces that get welded to the bumper's center (base plate, leafs, skin and skid ...but you prolly don't know wtf I'm saying, lol, sorry, shop lingo). Even after test fitting and tacking them on to fit that truck, welding them up can make them slightly adjust upward. We intend them to fit tight but not so much that they bump against the fenders. We started using a new set of fixtures based off of one that was test fitted so that we could speed up the process but that wasn't until like, maybe, the last 15 or 20 I built? I think ... it was such a blur making that last group of bumpers, sorry.

The support brackets were something Jason came up with and I haven't personally installed one of these bumpers so I couldn't comment on what effect they (the brackets) may have on fitment, if any (I just weld...).

I used to have another company's bumper on my 2000 Taco and it rattled like hell on the passenger side. I just got a strip of black rubber, real thin mind you, with adhesive on one side and stuck it inbetween there. Plenty of other remedies out there I'm sure and as always, it should never come down to you having to fix something we may have messed up. Fact is though, we don't mass produce these things. We get the parts pre cut from laser cutters and I weld everything together, one bumper at a time. I do everything I can to keep them all uniform in fitment and measurements but mistakes can happen.

If you ever have serious questions about your bumper don't hesitate to call on a normal day and ask for Jason or even Cy and they can fill in whatever gaps in info I might have.

Hope that helped.

J. C. P.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #14
screename has a spectacular aura aboutscreename has a spectacular aura about
Name: Van
screename's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!!!! Quick question, what kind of fog lights are those? The stock fogs don't fit right?
Old 06-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #15
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by screename View Post
Very nice!!!! Quick question, what kind of fog lights are those? The stock fogs don't fit right?
The brand they highly recommend are Acro foglights. They're essentially these: http://acrolights.com/products.php?pid=37 without the brackets.

I'm not shelling out 300 dollars for 3 and 3/4 inch driving lights. Rigid is cheaper and that's really saying something.

The opening is exactly 4 inches, the acro driving lights are 3 and 3/4 inches. I picked up some 4 inch westin lights for 40 bucks and I'm going to make them work. after spending 1400+ on a bumper after shipping, the 300 bucks extra for lights was a bit of a punch in the stomach.