Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

The Demello Offroad Rear Bumper Project

Old 11-23-2012, 07:05 PM   #62
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd, gotta tear through this thread. this looks awesome
Old 11-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #63
AmericanAdventurist.com
TACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Senior Chief Hospital Corpsman (FMF)
TACODOC1's Tacoma Gallery
Spent the weekend at San Onofre beach with the fam. Knocked the dust off of the Jayco Baja (my wife's toy) and LOVED the way the truck tows with the new Demello rear bumper. Tongue weight seems to be perfect, nice flat tow and feels very stable at all speeds. The receiver hitch is just like OEM

Old 02-04-2013, 03:50 AM   #64
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! How many people do you generally have traveling with you at a time? Looked like 3-4 including you.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #65
AmericanAdventurist.com
TACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Looks great! How many people do you generally have traveling with you at a time? Looked like 3-4 including you.
Yes, 3-4 max in the truck. Camper sleeps 4
Old 01-09-2015, 06:51 AM   #66
Habitual Violator of Wheeling Rule #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
So now that it's been on for a couple years, any long-term reports back?
Any cracks or other fabrication issues?
Any design issues, like clearance problems or things that could have been thought out better?
Any changes you would make if you were doing it again? Anything you particularly liked that you couldn't imagine doing differently?
Also, how long did it take to finish, and how much did it set you back?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm in the immediate market for a dual-swingout HC, and am discovering my options are limited, even more limited for well-designed bumpers where the swingout was incorporated into the original design and not simply added to an existing bumper. And this one seems to be just what I'm looking for, if I can adapt it to dual swings.

And since you're in SoCal (and I seem to remember Irvine?), is there a way I can check it out in person?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:05 AM   #67
jfstaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
jfstaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's a really nice bumper!!
Old 01-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #68
ecriv has a spectacular aura aboutecriv has a spectacular aura about

ecriv's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!

I've been looking into a way to incorporate a trailer hitch into the swing out so I can carry bikes & still have a tailgate party !
I have the 4X Thule tray rack... you think that would be strong enough?
Great looking set up.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #69
AmericanAdventurist.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach375 View Post
So now that it's been on for a couple years, any long-term reports back?
Any cracks or other fabrication issues?
Any design issues, like clearance problems or things that could have been thought out better?
Any changes you would make if you were doing it again? Anything you particularly liked that you couldn't imagine doing differently?
Also, how long did it take to finish, and how much did it set you back?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm in the immediate market for a dual-swingout HC, and am discovering my options are limited, even more limited for well-designed bumpers where the swingout was incorporated into the original design and not simply added to an existing bumper. And this one seems to be just what I'm looking for, if I can adapt it to dual swings.

And since you're in SoCal (and I seem to remember Irvine?), is there a way I can check it out in person?
I answered this same question over on my Forum but I'll post that answer here for everyone:

In a nutshell, this bumper is working out perfect. Not much I'd change other than going full aluminum ($$$) or making the fold down table a wee bit bigger but that's it. Maybe if I did it today I would incorporate some way to mount my Trasharoo full time (sans spare tire) that does not occlude the license plate - it hangs down too far as is. Cost today is most likely in the 2K range (contact Demello Offroad for pricing!) and since it sounds like you may want some customizations like I did be prepared to wait a couple months for delivery. This is normal with any decent fab shop, and Jason's work is in demand so be patient.

Bottom line IMHO, if you have Demello build one, it will be worth the wait. Rock solid and the hing and latch system he uses are great IMO. MUCH better than my earlier CBI swingout.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:03 PM   #70
AmericanAdventurist.com

Here's a few newer pics of the Demello bumper

Old 01-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #71
Habitual Violator of Wheeling Rule #2
Mach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMach375 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sathington "Alowicious Devadander Abercrombie" Willoughby (but you can call me Mud)
Mach375's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, now *that's* the info I was looking for! Thanks!
$2k is about what I was figuring, and doesn't scare me too much (maybe it should). Better than the $2k rack I was thinking of...!... And 2 months is also not terrible, considering what's involved.
I'll stop by Demello and see if they can work something out. Hopefully they remember your order!