Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

Questions on a Used Demello front plate bumper

Old 08-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Questions on a Used Demello front plate bumper

Hi there,

Just want to start out by saying, your products are the reason I bought my truck. It has the rugged look and functionality that really got me hooked on Tacomas. I've visited your neighbors at TJM, and they had nothing but nice things to say about you guys, so that helped my choice even more.

I love the design of the Demello Offroad plate bumper, especially the 3 hoop design. I came across this local ad, on craigslist. I have a few questions.

Can this specific bumper still be used on my truck? I see where it's bent...how does this happen, and will it prohibit installing it onto another truck? Am I risking anything buy putting this on my truck?

Also, the single hoop looks more rounded than the single hoop advertised on your website...was there a design change, or did this customer weld his own hoop? Can you guys cut and weld your 3 hoops onto these bumpers if I were to bring it to your shop in Corona?

Thanks again, and keep up the amazing work!

Quote:
"Selling the plate bumper for $600 because it's bent and put back the OE bumper so I don't have use for it anymore.
Its a single hoop bumper powder coated black.
I have a picture of it mounted before the damage and a few from after.
Any further questions just e-mail. Thanks for looking."

Old 08-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so here is the response from the seller. Any insight at all?

Quote:
Hi Matt,

The bumper is bent on the right wing, If you look ever so closely you
can see its not flat and is slightly shifted upwards. Thing is my
trucks frame is bent as well and it wont fit without extensive repair
to the truck frame. Only one way to tell how it will fit on an
undamaged frame. Might have to use a sledge and bang the wing to clear.
If you want to ser it in person let me know and we'll set aside time.

Thanks,
Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah looks like he added the hoop him self. That also looks like one of our first ones. We sell a bracket now that goes over that piece at the bottom. The fact that he bend his frame too with what ever he hit tells me it was a significant impact. It's hard to say from the pictures but It doesn't look to bad and could be bent back to fit your truck.