LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

Experience with Demello Offroad (Resolved)

Old 02-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Experience with Demello Offroad (Resolved)

Just got my bumper delivered (that I ordered at the beginning of January). It came bare metal, even though I paid $125 for wrinkle powdercoating, it says clearly on my receipt that I wanted powder coating, and when I called for an update a week or two ago, they said "Yep, it's going to powder coating on Friday". Spoke with the Demello lady for about 15 minutes, she told me she would call around for powder coating shops around my area, and so I called Line-X, where I will be dropping my toolbox off tomorrow anyway to get a quote. They quoted me around $250, so I called Demello back and she said they will be refunding that amount to my credit card.

As you can probably imagine, I was pretty pissed, and it's resolved now, but I definitely don't think I will recommend or buy from Demello again. The product looks good and I've heard good things about the product itself, but the customer service has been pretty awful over the whole order. I understand small errors in purchase, but this seems to be a major quality assurance problem, especially from a small shop. (not calling me about shipping information, me always taking the initiative to call them, powdercoating issue, etc) Not sure if this was a "lemon" thing, but just a word of advice from a Demello customer.

Matt
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery

You might have actually gotten a better deal with your misfortune though. Line-x is much more durable than the powdercoating. Still sucks that you have to jump through hoops to get it straight but glad they at least refunded the cost for you to get it done.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like great customer service to me... They refunded you 250 so you could get the coating you wanted and you're complaining? Most shops would have only refunded you the $125 and never speak to you again....
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
Sounds like great customer service to me... They refunded you 250 so you could get the coating you wanted and you're complaining? Most shops would have only refunded you the $125 and never speak to you again....
That's what I mean as kind of resolved. The problem is, in the first place, I wanted powder coating and that is what I paid money for. I shouldn't have an issue with a $1200 purchase that takes weeks to build, and costs $190 to ship. I am now satisfied with their response, but it seems that this really shouldn't have happened with three different "times" of having my bumper ordered as being powdercoated.

Again, this may have a been a "lemon" issue, but I am just putting my personal experience with Demello here.

Matt
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
A month for a plate bumper is a pretty good turn around time.

I also think you got a good deal in the end.

+1 to Demello by going above and beyond when resolving the issue. Sounds like good customer service to me.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Just got my bumper delivered (that I ordered at the beginning of January), and had my worst fears come true. It came bare metal, even though I paid $125 for wrinkle powdercoating, it says clearly on my receipt that I wanted powder coating, and when I called for an update a week or two ago, they said "Yep, it's going to powder coating on Friday". Spoke with the Demello lady for about 15 minutes, she told me she would call around for powder coating shops around my area, and so I called Line-X, where I will be dropping my toolbox off tomorrow anyway to get a quote. They quoted me around $250, so I called Demello back and she said they will be refunding that amount to my credit card.

As you can probably imagine, I was pretty pissed, and it's resolved now, but I definitely don't think I will recommend or buy from Demello again. The product looks good and I've heard good things about the product itself, but the customer service has been pretty awful over the whole order. I understand small errors in purchase, but this seems to be a major quality assurance problem, especially from a small shop. (not calling me about shipping information, me always taking the initiative to call them, powdercoating issue, etc) Not sure if this was a "lemon" thing, but just a word of advice from a Demello customer.

Matt

Matt, I'm sorry you were not satisfied. It was a simple mistake of not having it powder coated. We are usually pretty careful with that issue, I'm not sure how yours slipped through the cracks. We rarely get B/M request so when we do we usually double check them.

A month lead time is pretty good, we are a small shop and build most of the products to order.

We thought refunding double the cost of the powder coating would more than make up for our error. Again sorry for the misunderstand..
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEMELLO View Post
Matt, I'm sorry you were not satisfied. It was a simple mistake of not having it powder coated. We are usually pretty careful with that issue, I'm not sure how yours slipped through the cracks. We rarely get B/M request so when we do we usually double check them.

A month lead time is pretty good, we are a small shop and build most of the products to order.

We thought refunding double the cost of the powder coating would more than make up for our error. Again sorry for the misunderstand..
I understand and appreciate how you guys handled it in the end, I was just frustrated that it happened in the first place. I was confused how no one could have done a final check by looking at the bumper then back at my order, which said "Powder Coated."

And the time note wasn't complaining about your lead time, I just put that as a note in my purchase. I was told the 4-6 week wait in the beginning so that wasn't a problem.

By no means am I trying to stop and reduce business for you, but I appreciate when others give reviews of companies I would like to buy from, so this was just my personal experience. Like I said, I hope this will just be a note to the rest of your shop so that this will not happen again, and will make your business better.

Matt
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for sharing. I'm currently updating our shipping procedures so this doesn't happen again.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with everyone else. They made a minor slip and more than made up for it. I would totally go with Demello after hearing this - it would make me regret going with Brute Force Fab if Billy's service wasn't awesome too.

Too many good vendors on Tacomaworld.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
They refunded you double the amount of their mishap. That's pretty damn good customer service. Sounds like you got lucky to me. Most places would give you the $125 and be done with it
Old 06-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #11
evilbit is on a distinguished road
Name: Emir
evilbit's Tacoma Gallery
Demello makes awesome stuff but I think they have some QC issues: my bolt-on sliders arrived without the mounting hardware, so I had to make an unexpected rush trip to Home Depot to pick up nuts & bolts and a bottle of loctite. It's not the $25 extra that it ended up costing me as much as the hassle and the fact that I was wasting my (mechanic) neighbor's time on a weekend (he offered to help me mount them).
Old 06-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #12
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like good customer service. I've ordered gun parts, and paid high dollar for next day shipping, but recieved orders up to 2 months late, and never received any sort of compensation. If I wasn't so hell bent on building my own armor, I would definitely be doing some business with these guys
Old 06-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious why you did not get a local quote on powdercoating, since that is what you originally wanted...?

Line-X is great stuff, and many would want that instead, but you state that you wanted 'wrinkle powdercoat' from Demello, and did not get it when they arrived. Thus the question...

I, too, applaud Demello for refunding twice what they charge for powdercoating. You won't see that from many, if any, other vendors.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
hughesjrm is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Michael
hughesjrm's Tacoma Gallery
I can not say enough for the great customer service that I have received with Demello so far. I called and placed an order two months ago for a front and rear bumpers plus sliders. Normally they don't make plate bumpers for 1st gen, but since they had one in the shop they hooked me up with a custom front plate bumper. I have received almost weekly calls on the status, plus the best call of all last week when they let me know it shipped.

Keep it up Demello, I think your customer service is top notch.