Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

Question about Tacoma racks

Old 03-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
Question about Tacoma racks

I've seen the over-bed/cab rack that you guys made for "TACODOC" and I really like it.

The question: Is this rack commercially available to the public? About how much $ we talking about?

Old 03-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #2
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, Thats what Im looking for for my truck.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: I was a mechanic
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the delay. I usually check this site everyday but I was out yesterday.

The rack in question was all custom. Jason could make it again I'm sure but I couldn't tell you anything on cost. When he gets in I'll get you guys some answers. It's definitely not a standard thing we do and I wasn't here when this one was built. Not impossible to do again though.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:06 AM   #4
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I am a big fan as well!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromDEMELLO View Post
Sorry for the delay. I usually check this site everyday but I was out yesterday.

The rack in question was all custom. Jason could make it again I'm sure but I couldn't tell you anything on cost. When he gets in I'll get you guys some answers. It's definitely not a standard thing we do and I wasn't here when this one was built. Not impossible to do again though.
Thanks for the reply JC. I got a hold of "TACODOC" (aka Dave) on another forum and he loves/loved the rack.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:01 AM   #6
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: I was a mechanic
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for the delay folks. Things are movin' and shakin' around here. We'll have a new sales guy soon. Hopefully Jason can get on here and give a more detailed response.

The rack can definitely be made again. I know Dave sold his a while back. You'd probably be looking at well over $1000 in materials and labor alone though. Just a thought.

As well, shipping this behemoth somewhere would be a nightmare for sure. It wouldn't be some parts kit with nuts and bolts and assembly instructions. Know what I mean?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
As Jeremy said we can build it but it's a custom built in house and we need the truck it's going on to build it. Cost would be in the 1000plus range.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
1k is an awful lot to spend, I might have to hold off till my disability comes through. It looks badass though.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #9

Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromDEMELLO View Post
Sorry for the delay folks. Things are movin' and shakin' around here. We'll have a new sales guy soon. Hopefully Jason can get on here and give a more detailed response.

The rack can definitely be made again. I know Dave sold his a while back. You'd probably be looking at well over $1000 in materials and labor alone though. Just a thought.

As well, shipping this behemoth somewhere would be a nightmare for sure. It wouldn't be some parts kit with nuts and bolts and assembly instructions. Know what I mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEMELLO View Post
As Jeremy said we can build it but it's a custom built in house and we need the truck it's going on to build it. Cost would be in the 1000plus range.
Thanks for the responses. $1K isn't too bad for what I've hearing from the local fabricators in my neighborhood.

If I'm ever on that side of the country I'd like to stop by and see what you guys can cook up for me.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
AmericanAdventurist.com
TACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODOC1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Hospital Corpsman
TACODOC1's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Demello Offroad

That was a nice rack

Would have kept it but it wouldnt work with my FlipPac... Jason & crew do awesome custom stuff.