Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Demello Offroad

Notices

Hot deal on Sliders!!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #21
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: I was a mechanic
JCfromDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
got mine today, holy hell they are solid. i will get them on in a day or so
and post a bunch of pictures. i had a hard time finding pictures of them.
i will make sure there are alot, so when the next person looks they can find
some. thanks so much.
No problem! Glad you liked 'em! Heavy as hell weren't they?

If there's anything else we can do let us know!
Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #22
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCfromDEMELLO View Post
No problem! Glad you liked 'em! Heavy as hell weren't they?

If there's anything else we can do let us know!
yea, they are heavy. the ups guy was really doing some bitching.
i told him to get a brown skirt or suck it up.

i will, i got them on. i need to take some photos. i will try and do that
in a day or two.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #23
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, they are heavy. My UPS guy came delivered something to me the day before my sliders came in. I asked if he was going to be the one delivering the next day. I told him "I got some heavy stuff coming in tomorrow." When he showed up the next day he was like what the hell is this thing....

I loaded them up today to have a shop look at them and give me a quote for welding mine on. Does 130 sound about right? The welder said it would take 1.5 to 2 hours to mount them.

I noticed one side (front/back) is offset from the other on the mounts. Which direction goes to the front?

When they dry fitted the one just to take a look at the job, it looked sharp. They were all asking who built them and how much I payed.

I'm leaving town today, I'll throw some pics up in about 7 weeks when I get back.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:05 AM   #24
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoAlaMode View Post
Yeah, they are heavy. My UPS guy came delivered something to me the day before my sliders came in. I asked if he was going to be the one delivering the next day. I told him "I got some heavy stuff coming in tomorrow." When he showed up the next day he was like what the hell is this thing....

I loaded them up today to have a shop look at them and give me a quote for welding mine on. Does 130 sound about right? The welder said it would take 1.5 to 2 hours to mount them.

I noticed one side (front/back) is offset from the other on the mounts. Which direction goes to the front?

When they dry fitted the one just to take a look at the job, it looked sharp. They were all asking who built them and how much I payed.

I'm leaving town today, I'll throw some pics up in about 7 weeks when I get back.
lol, that is funny about the ups dude.

well mine were bolt on's. so i am not sure if they have the same brackets.
on mine, the rear sections, had notches to clear a bolt head that sticks out on both sides, on the outside portion. they all have vertical slits,
on the outside, except the rear had a upside down "L" to clear those bolt heads.

i did have one that was offset, it looks like it was kind of bent upward
some. that went on the front drivers side. the frame of the truck is thicker there, it is made like that to make the slider level.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:10 AM   #25

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
i imagine yours don't have any slits for the bolts, but they might have
notches on the two vertical mounting points for the rear. they might be made
like that to work around that bolt head that sticks out. kind of throwing darts blind folded there, but make sense.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #26
JCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCfromDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

So sorry I missed this post!

I don't remember if those sliders were specifically built for an '09 and up. Your truck being a 2010 it wouldn't need the "P" shaped bracket on the rear leg (what V-train called an upside down L ...same thing I guess, lol). That odd shaped bracket would be for an '05-'08 to clear a big rivet on the frame back there. It'll work on any model though. The easiest way to tell which ones go on which side is to look at the gussets (the triangles on the sides of the legs). The gussets always face toward the rear of the truck. If you are looking at the legs, one side is clear and the other side has a gusset welded to it and the mounting bracket, or "Foot" as we call it. The side with the gusset on it should point to the rear of the truck.

Regardless, the price they quoted you is less than what we would would charge, so good on ya

Lets just hope the welds don't reflect the price! J/K, And yes, 1-2 hours minimum is right. We prep them for welding by grinding the powder coat off of the inside of the mounts (the side facing the frame) as well as about a 1/4 inch in on the edges where the welds are gonna go. If that shop needs any assistance tell them to give us a call. I can email you some pics of proper prep if need be.

Let me know if you need anything else!
Old 09-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
lol, that is funny about the ups dude.

well mine were bolt on's. so i am not sure if they have the same brackets.
on mine, the rear sections, had notches to clear a bolt head that sticks out on both sides, on the outside portion. they all have vertical slits,
on the outside, except the rear had a upside down "L" to clear those bolt heads.

i did have one that was offset, it looks like it was kind of bent upward
some. that went on the front drivers side. the frame of the truck is thicker there, it is made like that to make the slider level.
Offset? ..........PM me.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #28

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Offset? ..........PM me.
I wouldn't call it offset, the front drivers side, bottom portion,
of the "L" shaped mounting bracket, had a slight bend upward.
no big deal, it is mounted flush.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #29
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Waiting on pics...
Old 09-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #32

Looks great! Now you see why I run these on my own truck. I don't care how much they weigh, I freakin' LOVE how they look. And with my 33's they are exactly at shopping cart height, if ya know what I mean.

If you wanna go the extra step like I did, get some of that 2" wide grip tape from anywhere like Lowes or Home Depot and cut it to fit around all the top side angles. I love my Rock Crushers. Definitely worth the cost in the end!
Old 09-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #33

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks great! Now you see why I run these on my own truck. I don't care how much they weigh, I freakin' LOVE how they look. And with my 33's they are exactly at shopping cart height, if ya know what I mean.

If you wanna go the extra step like I did, get some of that 2" wide grip tape from anywhere like Lowes or Home Depot and cut it to fit around all the top side angles. I love my Rock Crushers. Definitely worth the cost in the end!
lol, yea they will put a end to door dings for sure. i put so many pictures
up b/c i had a very hard time finding them. i finally ran across some on a truck that was for sale, awhile back doing a google search. i figured i would just put a bunch up in several diffrent threads, so people could see
what they looked like. i figured more photos was better than not enough.

i have not noticed them being slick, i might put some tape on them
if they need some. i have some of that tape, i bought a bunch of crap several years ago when a tru value store out in the country went out of business. i got like 5 boxes of that tape, it has been in my shed for like
2 years. i bought so much stuff there, i kept going back like every 3 days.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #34
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, I resurrecting the dead here, but I promised to post some pics of mine on my truck also. I got them mounted in November and haven't really had any pictures. I haven't found any need to add grip tape, they don't feel slick at all with the powdercoat finish.

We had a fun little mod meet the other weekend and went from modding to mudding.

I can say that my RockCrushers took a couple for my otherwise stock truck. I only went knowing that at least my rocker panels would be safe. I'm not scared for my bumpers. I silently wish for something to happen to them so I can get some new gear soon.

This is my attempt to flatten the tops of the ruts. Trans skid for the middle and rockcrushers for the left side. The ruts won. Got crossthreaded and with no side bite, no correcting. Anyways, lift and tires are soon in my future.

After being freed, got to catch up with the gang.

The weather is getting nicer and I'll get some pics of her nice and clean.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #35

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, I resurrecting the dead here, but I promised to post some pics of mine on my truck also. I got them mounted in November and haven't really had any pictures. I haven't found any need to add grip tape, they don't feel slick at all with the powdercoat finish.

We had a fun little mod meet the other weekend and went from modding to mudding.

I can say that my RockCrushers took a couple for my otherwise stock truck. I only went knowing that at least my rocker panels would be safe. I'm not scared for my bumpers. I silently wish for something to happen to them so I can get some new gear soon.

This is my attempt to flatten the tops of the ruts. Trans skid for the middle and rockcrushers for the left side. The ruts won. Got crossthreaded and with no side bite, no correcting. Anyways, lift and tires are soon in my future.

After being freed, got to catch up with the gang.

The weather is getting nicer and I'll get some pics of her nice and clean.
LOOKS GREAT