Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Tire Shine Overspray

Old 07-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Tire Shine Overspray

So I went into the Auto Store the other day and bought some water-based tire shine. After applying it, it was all over my paint. I got it off of the paint, but not the plastic fender flares. I have tried everything, from soap to a little bit of Paint thinner.

Has anyone else had this problem? It looks like brown dried rain water. How do I get it off? Thanks!
Old 07-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Does that damage the paint?
Old 07-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Does what damage the paint?
Old 07-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #4
acmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shedacmair is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
The tire shine. Does it matter if you overspray it on the fenders and paint?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #5

When I drove off the spray wasn't dry so it flew off and onto my paint. I didn't actually spray it onto the paint haha.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #6

acmair's Tacoma Gallery
Oh. lol. That makes sense.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I get the Maguires tire foam. And I sometimes get it flunge up on my paint, and Plastic. But It comes off with some Maguires Quick Detail spray.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
Turdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of lightTurdburglar is a glorious beacon of light
Turdburglar's Tacoma Gallery
Use a tire sponge! If you don't know, it's a sponge-like thing specifically made to apply tire shine. It's only a few $ and allows you to apply the least amount of shine possible while getting a very even coat on the tires. Since you're not applying nearly as much as you used to, it won't fling off. I've been using these sponges for years. The one trick I've learned is it's easier to use the bottle of clear tire shine (no specific brand) that's in a pump bottle, and not the aerosol can variety.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #9
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^ But some people like me, like/need the Foam action, that clean's your tires also. Ive noticed that Maguires Tire Foam clean's the best.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
WILLIAM HILL
Bill Hill is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Retired / MKC / E7 /1987
Name: William
Bill Hill's Tacoma Gallery
I use NEW TIRE on my tires. After I clean my tires and rinse them off, I imediately spray on NEW TIRE to all my tires & when they dry, they look like a brand new tire again without the painted shinny look. They look like a natural new tire again, as if I just bought them. It works imediately & if you drive off before it drys, it will not leave a residue or hurt your paint in any way. I created this stuff & have never sold it to anyone. A friend of mine wants me to make & sell the stuff. He asked me what name would be good to call it, and I told him I would call it NEW TIRE, because it takes the dull grayish look away & returns the tire to it's original Flat Black color that it was when it was brand new. What do you think? Should I sell this stuff?