1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What wax do you use?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by kris77, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Oct 12, 2009 at 12:13 AM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    I have most products they sell. FMP and SHR worked pretty but I expected superwax to be a wax. Once I get the Americana I will try everything again. I'm also not sold on their wash pad. I noticed more swirls from that (using 2 bucket method and all) compared to previous products. That aside their green wheel cleaner, all purpose cleaner, wash soap, undercarriage spray, great white drying towel, mf detail towels, detail spray and boars hair brush have all been excellent products. I just didn't care for the superwax and wash pad. I need to put in more work though, after coming from Zaino it's tough to really impress me. Zaino had great results and it was very easy to use. Superwax started to flake or turn into white areas randomly all over both my vehicles after a few weeks. Zaino never once gave me a problem. Both are great companies though.

2. Oct 12, 2009 at 4:47 AM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    '09 Silver Streak TRD Off-Road
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Americana is good stuff. I have found 50/50 from Chemical Guys to be a great wax and a bit cheaper. As for the MSW, that is starnge. I have never seen that before. Did you have anything on the surface before you used? I know it say 'Superwax', but it really is a sealant and sometimes sealants don't bond to certain products. So if you used something before the MSW that could be the issue.
    As for the wash pad, I have yet to see that. I use 2 grit gaurds in my 2 buckets. That wash pad holds tons of soap, but I can definately see where stuff could get stuck in the pad and cause swirls. You should email Adam with your concerns. He will take care of you and then some.

3. Oct 13, 2009 at 4:41 AM
    Blue Tango

Blue Tango Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hampton VA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Offroad Speedway Blue
    Westin Bull Bar
    The GTO was washed, clayed, washed, polished with both SHR, and FMP using brand new pads, then followed with MSW. My Tacoma had it all except a clay bar so it may have had some Zaino when I started. Many things could have been a factor, I was on the MS coast and it was summer time so it was very hot and very humid. All the products worked well I think, MSW seemed to be what gave me issues. If that's the only product I end up not enjoying then so be it, I will stick with his other products for the time being. Well, except maybe the wash pads, I plan to get some new ones to test a theory with.

4. Nov 1, 2009 at 1:35 PM
    bluevan99

bluevan99 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB SR5 TRD Sport
    Are people using the liquid or paste versions of products like the NXT 2.0?

5. Nov 1, 2009 at 1:49 PM
    95SLE

95SLE Starting to get cold outside

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    09 RWD Access Cab
    Custom XM Install, Window Tint, Intermittant Wiper Install, AVS Bug Deflector, Bed Mat, TRS FX-R retrofits, CIBIE fog and spot lamps, PIAA 510 lamps, Acess LE cover, Weathertech Digital floorr mats, LED interior lighting, Pioneer AVH-2300BT HU, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL Audio Amp, shorty antenna, leather wrap steering wheel cover, Viper security system.
    Either one will work well on your Tacoma. You will not need a lot of the product per coat. Do two coats if possible allowing about 2 hours after you wipe off the first coat to apply the second coat.

6. Nov 9, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    Palmetto Pete

Palmetto Pete Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    In the Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2012 SSM TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    3M Paint Pro Film, OEM Bed Mat, Antenna X, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Foglight Anytime Mod, 8000k HIDs, BFG AT/KOs (265/70/17), Debadged, Ultra-Gauge, Leer 100XR
    Zymol has worked best for me. Super clear shine when you are finished and it lasts quiet a while.

7. Dec 1, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    mrzip

mrzip Well-Known Member

Member:
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2023 Off Road, 2010 Off Road
    +1 for the Liquid Glass, Ive used it for 26 years. My wife's 88 accord which was 13 years old when we sold it looked like it was new when we sold it.

8. Dec 7, 2009 at 8:57 PM
    spiceman

spiceman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '07 4x4 DC OR, Desert Sand Mica
    Window Tint, Sockmonkey bed decals, Eibach 1.6" coils, 5100s front (set @ .85) / rear
    I am a big fan of Turtle Wax Ice. I like how it goes on clear and it has kept my truck looking good; it still looks new and is well over 2 years old. I recommend it to anyone.

9. Dec 11, 2009 at 12:30 PM
    07speedwayblue

07speedwayblue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07tacoma sport 4x4 doublecab
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
  10. Dec 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    Rear Suspension TSB, DTRL Mod, aFe Pro-Dry S,USA Spec PA15-TOY iPod Adapter, Dynolock Tailgate Lock, UltraGauge OBDII Scanner, CoverKing Neoprene Seat Covers
    Adam's is the way, pre-pare for sal-va-tion.

11. Dec 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    07speedwayblue

07speedwayblue Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    michael
    nineveh, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    07tacoma sport 4x4 doublecab
    Jason Rage lid, husky floorliners, Procomp 6" stage 1 lift , bilstein 5100 upfront, 33x12.50r17 MT ATZ tires MT 17x9 Classic Locks,stainless steel brake lines,N-Fab ss nerf bars,smittybuilt grille saver, Amp bed extender,Mbrp cool dual t409 exhaust. KCHiLites Daylighter Driving Lights 6", Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, HD Tunner, Rear Camera, Focal K2 Power 6.5" Component Speakers Front/Back, Infinity Kappa Four and Kappa One Amps, Infinity Kappa 10" DVC Subs,PowerStop Drilled/Slotted Rotors ,PowerStop Heavy Duty Towing Brake Pads, Blue Painted calipers.
    I used all of the stuff you could buy at the auto parts stores / walmart ect, then about 5 yrs ago I tried adam`s products and , have not bought anything else since!! I bought some the the americona paste wax which is $70 for 10 oz, OUTSTANDING WAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clay bar works wonders, detailing spray is outstanding! I LOVR the metal polish/cleaner!! I run polished wheels here in Indiana and that cleaner/polisher works miricles!!! everyone that I have let use Adam`s products at shows just loves it and wants to buy it!! I`m a customer for life!!

12. Dec 11, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    Tdup

Tdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    ‘15 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    2”in. leveled, 275/70/17 BFG ATs, Redarc brake controller, Ludwig helper springs, CamLocker tool box.
    You should google Caption Richard's bomb. I used to use that on Harley's at work and it is amazing. Its better than turtle wax ice. I've used it on my 08 since I bought it. Water always beads up.....its good stuff.

13. Dec 15, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    Slotback

Slotback Triple Option

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner
    I did not know that about carnauba wax. I'm glad I saw your post.

14. Dec 15, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    rb11701

rb11701 Oh yeah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    Yup, my favs are the Green Wheel Cleaner, Undercarriage spray, and the metal cleaner. The stuff is unreal, I use it in the Cusinart stuff in the house (brushed nickel kinda lookin), makes it look brand new. Faucets in the kitchen and bathroom, you name it. I like the Brilliant Spray glaze before I hit the town with the wife. Oh yea!

I don't care for the glass cleaner. I mean it works, but so does the cheap stuff.

To Top