Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Windows Spotting need help

Old 07-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Windows Spotting need help

Just got done washing my moms truck and i noticed before i started that her windows were all spotty, but then after i washed it i thought they would go away, but they came back so ive tried a glass cleaner, and even a mild cleaning agent to try to see if the hard water would come off, anybody have any tips on what i can do
Old 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #2
phoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
phoneguy44's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to phoneguy44
RainX will shine them up and make water roll right off. Give it plenty off time to dry and use a micro towel and elbow grease to wipe off.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
mike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmike686 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mike686's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the quick responses
Old 07-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
fubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jose
fubar718's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem, go to HomeDepot and pick up steel wool grade#0000. Use that and any kind of foaming window cleaner. Glass comes out perfectly clear. Just make sure the grade is 0000.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
BigJimHouse is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
BigJimHouse's Tacoma Gallery
I own a glass company; found that only one thing really removes water spotted glass (and without busting your rear); a product called Winsol 550 Clarifying agent.

It's available online and it works like nothing we've EVER seen. ALL other products I've tried; cleansers, buffs, the steel wool (are you kidding?) will scratch or cloud the glass. Been in this business for 22 yrs and have yet to see anything sold over the counter work as well as the 550.

Be careful; it's an acid so don't get it on paint or anything else, wear gloves and use in a ventilated area.

BTW, I buff the glass with denatured alcohol from a spray bottle and a microfiber after the 550. It will allow the rain, etc. to bead up like you had rain x on the glass. We have our own product to use instead of rain x as rain x is the pits.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
phoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedphoneguy44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
phoneguy44's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to phoneguy44
I've never had trouble with RainX. Oh well, to each his own.

Another thing you can do is wax your glass when you're waxing your truck. Done this many times. Again, no spots and water beads right off. But, I just bought me a big spray bottle of Rainx so I'm tearin it up with it.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #8

mike686's Tacoma Gallery
yeah ive tried the waxing part and it never worked ugh
Old 07-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bio-Clean

I love it! I just did my windows last weekend and 2 of my buddies truck windows. This stuff is awesome...put some on a micro-fiber rag and "act" like yer waxing the windows and mirrors and it takes the spots off. Then when I wax my truck I wax the windows (NOT windshield) and then everytime I wash my truck I squeegee the windows. I usually have to BioClean my windows twice a year!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
"GO DUCKS" Edition
Oregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedOregon TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
Oregon TRD's Tacoma Gallery
and the Bio Clean is safe. Ain't gonna hurt yer truck. It's a mild abrasive and with the combonation of the Bio Clean, waxing my windows and SQUEEGEEING after every wash makes it to where I only have to do this twice a year.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #11
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Invisible Glass + microfiber towel + buffing with crumpled up newspaper

http://www.invisibleglass.com/
Old 07-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #12
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
about a cup of alcohol in a gallon bucket and just a very small drop of dawn detergent and you'll be good to go
Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #13
( . Y . ) = :)
TacoTRD420 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jake
TacoTRD420's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TacoTRD420
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPR View Post
Bio-Clean

I love it! I just did my windows last weekend and 2 of my buddies truck windows. This stuff is awesome...put some on a micro-fiber rag and "act" like yer waxing the windows and mirrors and it takes the spots off. Then when I wax my truck I wax the windows (NOT windshield) and then everytime I wash my truck I squeegee the windows. I usually have to BioClean my windows twice a year!

where you get it? i have HARD water spots on my window..my truck sits at a heliport for 14 days with black windows so its bad.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #14
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rocky
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
You can use this. It will NOT scratch the glass.

One of the most common is cleaning glass. The original formula is safe to use on most glass because the tallow soap means that a slurry of the powder and a little water will glide over the glass surface, cleaning away dirt but not scratching. This formula leaves behind a slight, invisible film that protects the glass from salt spray making it a favorite for boats and seaside homes. This film keeps mirrors from fogging up in the bathroom too.

http://www.bonami.com/index.php/prod...wder_cleanser/
Old 07-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
Frogdaddy is on a distinguished road

Frogdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Newspaper with maybe Windex or water/vinegar mix.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #16
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
If it's water spots you're trying to remove from the outside of the glass, try using white vinegar and a paper towel.

Dampen the paper towel with the vinegar and wipe on the glass. The water spots will dissapear with vitually no effort what so ever.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #17
YeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shedYeahYeah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Honor Guard-Now out of Honor Guard getting ready for MK "A" School
Name: Thomas
YeahYeah's Tacoma Gallery
ya i need to get rid of mine that r on the inside of the truck. its from...uh...girls.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:33 PM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
i've gotten spots before from overspray from simple green when cleaning engine compartment...that shit is soo hard to get off....simple green is seriously evil