1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diy: Dent removal

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Krewblink, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Jul 20, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
  2. Jul 20, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    so i just need to get it hotter before it will work?

3. Jul 20, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    I bought this cheap ass kit called Pops-A-Dent at WallyWorld for $15 and it got 90% of my dent out. Just make sure you wax the dent before using it so the glue releases better. It sounds like a shotgun going off when it breaks free. You have to use it multiple times on the dent but with each use more of the dent comes out. It only works on flat panel dents.

4. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:20 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thomas, The little truck that could
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    this is well worth a try for me, in the video earlier it showed the white trunk and it was across a bodyline like mine is, plus ppl are saying it works better on bigger areas, like my bedside, i cant wait to try this.....

the only thing i noticed is that the ppl that were able to pop it out in the videos, they didnt stop spraying the air until it made the pop noise, which made the dent come out

and the ppl that didnt get to pop it out stoped spraying before it poped

ill post my results soon after i give it a shot in the morning :cool:

5. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:32 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    Painted badges. Bedlined grille, wheels and lower valence. Billies 5100 @.85 up front. Dodger Jack Ball Mod. Custom trail damaged rear bumper (for the time being). Lil LED light bar on grill. Hard-wired Radar Det. Custom Projector fog lights, Anytime Fog Mod, HIDS, White LED accent lighting on a Single post double toggle swicht, so they light up wit my door/dome light, or always on, or never on. LED map and dome lights.
    Tthis the dent im gona try and pull out, if it dosent work, i might just take the rubber mallot to it

actually ill probly a coupple other things b4 i take the mallot to it. So i guess if my baby dosent want to work with me, it might get a lil ugly tomorrow or in a couple hrs now:D

6. Apr 28, 2011 at 4:37 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
  7. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:04 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Yeah I totally screwed myself when I pulled out the mallot. Do not do that.

8. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    yea im not, ive been doing alot of reserch on the paint less dent removal stuff, im feeling pretty confident i can make this work, if not make it atlest better.

9. Apr 29, 2011 at 4:28 AM
    Grande

Grande Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    hell yea dude, that thing popped out like a party popper:D

but the dust off can failed me, actually i think i f'd it up bcuz the first time i heated it up, i used a actual heat gun and figured it was way hotter than the hair dyer they were using in the video, so i dudnt get as close to the paint, but it was pretty warm and i thought it was good enough and emptied the rest of the can that was old :eek:

but then i said F it and crawled under, and warmed it up with my left hand and kepted rubbing it in like a wave motion from the inside with my right hand, then all of a sudden POP!, i guess my baby was as excited as i was
    ;)

but there one crease hardly left on there, and im sure this will pop out with the new dust off i get tomorrow, now that i kno how much to heat up

its still a huge difference than it was so im stoaked either way

the tried to put the lines of the reflection on my truck, in the dent, in the picture so u can see the crease

Fix it!.jpg

10. Mar 23, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    Krewblink

Krewblink [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Long Beach
    Vehicle:
    05 toyo Prerunner
    Exhaust,Seat Covers, Intake

I am effin Glad it worked for you..... People didnt believe me.. which is cool cause i didnt believe it till i tired it.. But good job man looks great! yeah heat gun is def scary to use on paint good thing you went inside out.... Nice

11. Apr 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM
    CantSitStill

CantSitStill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    FTR
    CNY
    I used to be in the business of "appearance reconditioning" and I can tell you all ith great confidence that it takes A LOT of practice and the right tools to do PDR (Paintless dent removal)
    If you really want a dent out, call your favorite larger car dealer and ask the used car manager for the number of the guy they use for PDR. Chances are he works for someone else... Meet up with him and ask him how much to push your dent. Make sure you tell him cash deal and afterhours is fine. Chances are he'll do it for you in about 10 minutes, for about $50 and it will be nearly perfect if not better...

Products Discussed in

To Top