Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

I am no "Detailer" but have a question....

Old 06-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #1
JWWPHOTO is on a distinguished road
JWWPHOTO's Tacoma Gallery
I am no "Detailer" but have a question....

I got some wax (Liquid) on the plastic bed rail cover. It left a white haze film on the black. How do I get that out from the pores or small crevises in the black plastic?

Jeff W. Waldrop
Old 06-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWWPHOTO View Post
I got some wax (Liquid) on the plastic bed rail cover. It left a white haze film on the black. How do I get that out from the pores or small crevises in the black plastic?

Jeff W. Waldrop
try some mothers back to black.......shold do the trick for ya. its really good stuff.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Hot water and a firm brush will remove a good bit of it until you get the black to back.

For when its on rubber, use a #2 pencil erasor.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Try using some peanut butter on it.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
NON crunchy I assume
Old 06-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #6
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
i 2nd this notion, sounds silly but it works.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:58 AM   #7
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
ON other Vech. I use a dremel with the little brush bit as that is all I ever found it to be good for.
I doesnt seem to hurt the plastic and removes the wax .

YMMV