Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Paint detail on rocker

Old 06-22-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Paint detail on rocker

Here is my top detailing tip. Itís blacking out the rocker flange. This is the flange where the side of the cab and the floor pan are spot welded together. This is particularly ugly on the Tacoma. Itís especially prominent on white and silver vehicles. Sorry no before picture and it doesnít show up well in the photo (of course thatís the whole point!)

Old 06-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
that looks good. i remember thinking about the exact thing when i first got my tacoma. i had thought about some diamond plate or something, but didnt wanna spend alotta time or money on that. so i got some nerf bars, and that hides it pretty good. im gonna give ya a though.....cause its a cool mod, and it definitely makes the visible underside of the truck look way better.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
The same can be done with the stock skid plate on black Tacomas. Mine stood out like a sore thumb (it was off white) on my black rugger trail with black rims. I painted it the first weekend I had the truck and it looks 100% better.