LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Not my Tacoma but the warm up.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Not my Tacoma but the warm up.

After getting my new Tacoma last week I realized how bad I'd let my 05 Avalon get. So I spent several hours over the last 3 days getting it back in shape.

A good washing with Meguiars Gold the 1st evening. Then the next evening ICE liquid clay after a good wipe down to get rid of the dust from sitting in the driveway about 24 hours. I then did the hood and roof with Meguiars cleaning wax. Then tonight Meguiars cleaning wax, again after a dusting.

Here she is;

Old 06-23-2008, 06:10 PM   #2

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Tonight the hood and roof got a 2nd coat while the rest of the car got a first coat.

In a day or so I'll start on the new Tacoma, wash, liquid clay and then Meguairs NXT wax.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
looks great man. very nice shine and mirrorlike appearance!!! a+!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
WOW Itake it that's the hood in pic2? NICE
Old 06-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #5

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's the hood and me taking the picture.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I miss my wifes 00 Avalon........it was way better than the CRV!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Isnt it bad to put mcguires on a Tacoma with that clear coat finish? Did u get a bottle of toyo guard with ur taco?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #8

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
No Toyo guard with either my Avalon or my Tacoma.

Why would it be bad to put Meguairs wax or polish on a clear coated car? I've never heard or read that before.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
u should have a bottle of toyo guard if u special paint on ur taco, I got it e
with my Indigo ink metallic taco, if u do put mcguires on ur taco and u do have that special paint then I think it eats away at the paint or ruin the finish
Old 06-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #10
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
u should have a bottle of toyo guard if u special paint on ur taco, I got it e
with my Indigo ink metallic taco, if u do put mcguires on ur taco and u do have that special paint then I think it eats away at the paint or ruin the finish
Wow...is that really true? Never heard of that before. I wonder what mShu7 has to say about that?
Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #11

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
My Avalon is Indigo Ink, I've put Meguiars NXT on it for 3 years. No problems. I think you've been given some bogus information.