1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Now for the Tacoma, since I'm warmed up.

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by MikeS., Jun 24, 2008.

1. Jun 24, 2008 at 8:22 PM
    MikeS.

MikeS. [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB 4x4 in Speedway Blue.
    Undercover bed topper, Nerf style step bars, Python alarm, Ham radio with 250 watt amp and chrome wheel well bling.
    I washed it with Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash and then dried it well with the Vroom MF towels I bought from Target.

Then I made the mistake of using the ICE liquid clay bar like I had on the Avalon. This product MAY work but it is a PIA to get off the vehicle. As per the instructions on the bottle I applied with the included sponge on 1 section. Let it dry then rinsed with the Mr. Clean unit set to deionized rinse 2 times. Then wiped with a clean MF towel. The next 2 pictures I'm going to try and show the ICE residue left after this 1st wipe down.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to wipe it down again!

This is just too much work for my fat and out of shape old (51) body. My own fault I know.

Next I applied Meguiars NXT generation Tech wax 1.0. I had a brand new bottle I bought last year so I'm not going to rush out and buy 2.0.

I started at 5:45 PM, that's when shade was half covering my truck. It was 9:45 PM when I finished. That ICE really killed me time wise and physically.
    So no pictures of the finished product, yet. In my driveway flood lights it looks really good. I'll post up pictures of the finished truck tomorrow.

2. Jun 26, 2008 at 5:07 PM
    MikeS.

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    Undercover bed topper, Nerf style step bars, Python alarm, Ham radio with 250 watt amp and chrome wheel well bling.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really like NXT wax.

3. Jul 12, 2008 at 9:26 AM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    I use the NXT wax ver. 1.0 myself and it is awesome stuff. The best I have ever used as a matter of fact. Never applied wax to an entire vehicle before to let it dry real good like the instructions say to do. I remember the old days and if you did that you were fixing to have a lot of work to do to get it all off. But this stuff comes off about as easy as it goes on with little to no white residue. And the shine is just amazing, I swear the first time I waxed it it looked better than when it was new! :)

4. Jul 12, 2008 at 9:39 AM
    Banchi94

Banchi94 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Parker, CO
    Vehicle:
    2008 Indigo Blue TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    ToyTec 3" basic lift
    Looks awesome, Mike! What bed cover is that? I really like it!

5. Jul 12, 2008 at 8:42 PM
    MikeS.

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    It's an UnderCover topper.

6. Jul 12, 2008 at 8:42 PM
    MikeS.

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys.

Products Discussed in

To Top