LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Now for the Tacoma, since I'm warmed up.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Now for the Tacoma, since I'm warmed up.

I washed it with Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash and then dried it well with the Vroom MF towels I bought from Target.

Then I made the mistake of using the ICE liquid clay bar like I had on the Avalon. This product MAY work but it is a PIA to get off the vehicle. As per the instructions on the bottle I applied with the included sponge on 1 section. Let it dry then rinsed with the Mr. Clean unit set to deionized rinse 2 times. Then wiped with a clean MF towel. The next 2 pictures I'm going to try and show the ICE residue left after this 1st wipe down.

I had to wipe it down again!

This is just too much work for my fat and out of shape old (51) body. My own fault I know.

Next I applied Meguiars NXT generation Tech wax 1.0. I had a brand new bottle I bought last year so I'm not going to rush out and buy 2.0.

I started at 5:45 PM, that's when shade was half covering my truck. It was 9:45 PM when I finished. That ICE really killed me time wise and physically.
So no pictures of the finished product, yet. In my driveway flood lights it looks really good. I'll post up pictures of the finished truck tomorrow.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM   #2

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma after the all the work

I really like NXT wax.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I use the NXT wax ver. 1.0 myself and it is awesome stuff. The best I have ever used as a matter of fact. Never applied wax to an entire vehicle before to let it dry real good like the instructions say to do. I remember the old days and if you did that you were fixing to have a lot of work to do to get it all off. But this stuff comes off about as easy as it goes on with little to no white residue. And the shine is just amazing, I swear the first time I waxed it it looked better than when it was new!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Awesome!

Looks awesome, Mike! What bed cover is that? I really like it!
Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #5

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
It's an UnderCover topper.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #6

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.