Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Does Westley’s Bleche-Wite work?

Old 06-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
Does Westley’s Bleche-Wite work?

You be the judge.

What I did was jack up the corner of the truck so I could spin the wheel. Then I worked only the letters on the bottom to avoid getting any of this stuff on the wheel. Next rinse, rotate and work the other side. Finally, a wash and rinse with soap and water. A bit of a pain but I bought these wheels and tires used and the letters were really dirty.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, great stuff. I've used it in the past. Best to remove any overspray on the rims or it'll strip the clearcoat off.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Yeah, great stuff. I've used it in the past. Best to remove any overspray on the rims or it'll strip the clearcoat off.
I poured the stuff into a bowl instead of spraying it onto the tire. Then I used a small brush with downward stokes toward the floor. Nothing got on the wheel but as a precaution I rinsed and washed the wheel anyway.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
Johnny_knox69 is on a distinguished road
Johnny_knox69's Tacoma Gallery
Not much

I used it on one tire. Spread it on and then washed it off. so so results. Then spread it on again and let it soak, then scrubbed it with a brush. Worked much better.

Did the same thing with normal dish washing soap and had the same results.

After the Tire shine...................There was no difference what so ever.

Do your own test !
Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_knox69 View Post
Did the same thing with normal dish washing soap
Since dish soap normally has a degreaser it should work well to clean a tire.

Did the tire have white letters?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
bleach

"Did the tire have white letters?[/quote]"

No white lettering on mine. I do like to test out different things. I did like the brown sludge color that bleach white makes when I use it:-)

But I found I had to get down with some elbow grease for each one to work
Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
Quote:
No white lettering on mine. I do like to test out different things. I did like the brown sludge color that bleach white makes when I use it:-)
But I found I had to get down with some elbow grease for each one to work
The point of Bleche-Wite is getting those white walls or white letters really white. I don’t think dish soap would do it.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
Good point. Sorry I didn't really catch the title.......I was just funny I tested it the same day. Black wall only.....:-)
Old 06-27-2008, 07:13 PM   #9
Quote:
Good point. Sorry I didn't really catch the title.......I was just funny I tested it the same day. Black wall only.....:-)
If I didn’t have white letters I would never use this stuff. The next set of tires will be black walls for sure. But if you are going to have white letters they may as well look good.